Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was given a couple Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T337V 16GB devices, and was hoping to try out this Lifetime Trailmaps app and see if it is even right for me.

Coming from iOS with no android experience…TBH, I wish it was on iOS also!

What is required to set up and utilize this app in terms of hardware and mapping?

Is this "Tab 4" device suitable for this Lifetime Trailmaps apps hardware needs?

I don’t see it in the “Play Store” is this app only avalible for purchase via the Lifetime Trailmaps site?

The site seems to indicate no returns on software.

Is there any way to test this app for my area before committing to the $260 purchase?

People talk pretty highly of it, what does it do different than most the offerings people are using out there, and specifically what iOS has to offer as a comparison if it is known?

Is it worth it for most even at the 260 price of entry? What do you utilize specifically that can not be found on other common apps?

I have seen some discounts for this app floating around, are there any codes for the "app only" available?

TIA

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have the software loaded on a Samsung 10" tablet that I bought thru Amazon. A few of my riding buddies have a similar setup. Overall its a good app and has just about every Trail system in the US available for download however they do tend to populate the screen slowly. Some of the simple features like map color change has been password protected on current versions. When your following one of your own maps changing the color is important IMHO. They said they don't allow access due to so many people making setting changes and causing a lot of over the phone troubleshooting. I find this simply lazy on their part and the owners really need to step up their game! If they would provide an actual detailed manual on the software I suspect the problems would be way less. One of the most annoying aspects of the apps is it losing the GPS signal and drawing straight lines in certain segments of your map. This has happened to me on multiple occasions however not to my other two buddies. It may be the tablet going into sleep mode and shutting down the app as I am still working on that. The app is somewhat cumbersome to use however in reality I do not have enough seat time with it yet. I have not used any other map software to compare too. Bottom line is would I buy it again at 500 bucks knowing what I know now, probably not.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
ride command works fine for free

Reactions: rotarypower101

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have the Lifetime Trailmaps tablet, works great, took a little time to learn it but i really like it, i tried Gaia, Pathaway, and ride command, didn't like any of those. i would buy again.

Reactions: rotarypower101
1 - 4 of 4 Posts