Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

hello folks, this is my first post here....I've been browsing thru the fórum since quite some time, today I registered.

I'm currently driving a 2013 Outlander Max 1000 XT-P, been thinking on buying the Maverick and maybe letting go the Outlander....

Well, anyone of you did the same? let go an ATV for the Maverick? If so, are you still happy with your decisión?
The Outlander is an amazing machine, power without an end, good handling with the Fox Pódiums but somehow I'm drawn more and more towards the SxS's.

I'm doing 95% of my riding on dirt tracks at high speeds. No rock grawling and no mudding...

Well, any advice and first hands opinions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm super happy!.. Used to ride a KAWI 750 Brute force which was an awesome quad, BUT I'm getting old and wanted to be able to relax a little more when I ride... Plus my favorite ORV park required helmets if you rode a quad, but not if your in a SXS with a cage and seat belt... I haven't tried the MAV on a track yet, but maybe soon!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Honestly bro, I got one of each. I bought my 2012 xmr 800 last year and I absolutely love that thing. I did however tell my ole lady that I bought it for her just to justify me buying my side by side in the near future lol. I have always been drawn to side by sides since I took my first ride in a 800 rzr-s. I really like the laid back riding and relaxed beer drinking atmosphere that a side by side gives u. And also, when ur buddy doesn't own a bike, u and him can cruise around in ur side by side without lookin like a couple of homos. Cant do that on an atv. All in all I love my maverick. No comparison in comfort and straight up fun. But honestly, when I want to really rip shit up, I jump on that xmr and hammer down. To me its equal amounts if impressive fun, just different types. Thats why I have one of each.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm super happy!.. Used to ride a KAWI 750 Brute force which was an awesome quad, BUT I'm getting old and wanted to be able to relax a little more when I ride... Plus my favorite ORV park required helmets if you rode a quad, but not if your in a SXS with a cage and seat belt... I haven't tried the MAV on a track yet, but maybe soon!
Yeah, the thing with the helmet is a good argument.
I drive my quad fairly often on the Street and I have to wear a helmet, if I'd go in a SxS I could skip the helmet.

Honestly bro, I got one of each. I bought my 2012 xmr 800 last year and I absolutely love that thing. I did however tell my ole lady that I bought it for her just to justify me buying my side by side in the near future lol. I have always been drawn to side by sides since I took my first ride in a 800 rzr-s. I really like the laid back riding and relaxed beer drinking atmosphere that a side by side gives u. And also, when ur buddy doesn't own a bike, u and him can cruise around in ur side by side without lookin like a couple of homos. Cant do that on an atv. All in all I love my maverick. No comparison in comfort and straight up fun. But honestly, when I want to really rip shit up, I jump on that xmr and hammer down. To me its equal amounts if impressive fun, just different types. Thats why I have one of each.
I fully agree with your statement that it looks kinda gay if two guys riding on a two-up....thats why I ride only with my wife :)
You made a good point here....whenever you want to tear stuff up you hop on your XMR....That's what I'm afraid of...selling the Outty and kinda look back for the 'ripping thing'....
I guess you cant have the best of both worlds...

When you give up speed, you gain comfort. Its a simple formula
How much of a difference (0-60) is between the Maverick and the Outty 1000?
The Maverick got a few more ponies but the Outty is much lighter eventhough it is a fat pig.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I got rid of my 10 canam max 800 and I did the same thing with debating. I was giving it up for a commander back at the end of 2010. I put a post on the commander forum basically wanting to no the same thing. I got the commander and never looked back. I had bought a outlander 1000 while I hade the commander and never choose the quad over the SXs, so I traded it for a chopper.

·
Registered
468 Posts
That outty 1000 is a completely different animal in the acceleration department. Its gonna pull a mavericks ass every time cause of the weight difference. The extra horses in the mav dont make up for the pound for pound difference between the two. But don't get me wrong, the maverick is just as impressive. And im certain in the next 6 months the performance after market will blow up and im pretty certain u will be able to match an outty 1000 or at least get damn close

·
Registered
468 Posts
On a different note, its just a matter of time before can am puts the 1000R in a quad

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I really like the laid back riding and relaxed beer drinking atmosphere that a side by side gives u. And also, when ur buddy doesn't own a bike, u and him can cruise around in ur side by side without lookin like a couple of homos.

Setting here chuckling over that statement lol... But that is so true. I know next time I'm out ridding i"ll be lookin for that special couple thinking of you Bayou!!!

Reactions: Benzo and Rickyjo09

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got rid of my 10 canam max 800 and I did the same thing with debating. I was giving it up for a commander back at the end of 2010. I put a post on the commander forum basically wanting to no the same thing. I got the commander and never looked back. I had bought a outlander 1000 while I hade the commander and never choose the quad over the SXs, so I traded it for a chopper.
how would you describe your riding style? more layed back or agressive?
Looking at your sig. it seems like you have a Maverick on the way... congrats...

That outty 1000 is a completely different animal in the acceleration department. Its gonna pull a mavericks ass every time cause of the weight difference. The extra horses in the mav dont make up for the pound for pound difference between the two. But don't get me wrong, the maverick is just as impressive. And im certain in the next 6 months the performance after market will blow up and im pretty certain u will be able to match an outty 1000 or at least get damn close
Yes, I would hope so that the aftermarket kicks into high gear...I did not do too much looking around but it seems rather Slim right now...well, the Maverick is pretty much Brand new to the market, so its just a matter of time until the aftermarket catches up.
So based on your comment, it's not just a small difference between the two but quite noticeable... damn, the would kinda turn me away from the Maverick.... I hate to step down on the power ladder :)

On a different note, its just a matter of time before can am puts the 1000R in a quad
it's an endless game....even though you buy the most powerful ATV or UTV there is, after 2 years max. there is an replacement with even higher power...

·
Registered
468 Posts
:) I was chuckling as well once I read it, but it is a correct statement imho.
Lol glad yall got a kick outta that. But seriously, im not trying to shy u away from a maverick. They are DAMN impressive thats for sure. But its just different. Kinda like jumpin on a chopper with a 107 S&S then jumpin in a SRT8 challenger. There both gonna blow ur mind but in different ways. In the maverick u feel the acceleration in ur entire body. On the outty its more so in ur legs and arms. Same concept. Now although ive never Actually dragged a mav against an outty 1000, but ive ridden both. Its not gonna be THAT much of a difference that ur gonna be completely disappointed in the maverick trust me. And btw, the handling and the smoothness of the maverick will make up for any difference in power between the 2 I assure u.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
My bad I otta change my sig, my mav came in Thursday. My riding style is laid back with lots of dirt roads so the SXs is the thing to have. But I enjoy riding these higher performance sxs's much more than the quads now. The power is still very inpresive that keeps the seat of the paints exciting.

I got rid of the quad for the commander then got rid of the commander for the xp 900 then got rid of the xp for the mav. I'm more about the creature comforts of the sxs

·
Registered
468 Posts
All in all its just what suits u best for what u like to do. I like to do everything and that's why I kept my outty xmr and now have the maverick as well. But I definitely will be hoppin this maverick up every single chance I get.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol glad yall got a kick outta that. But seriously, im not trying to shy u away from a maverick. They are DAMN impressive thats for sure. But its just different. Kinda like jumpin on a chopper with a 107 S&S then jumpin in a SRT8 challenger. There both gonna blow ur mind but in different ways. In the maverick u feel the acceleration in ur entire body. On the outty its more so in ur legs and arms. Same concept. Now although ive never Actually dragged a mav against an outty 1000, but ive ridden both. Its not gonna be THAT much of a difference that ur gonna be completely disappointed in the maverick trust me. And btw, the handling and the smoothness of the maverick will make up for any difference in power between the 2 I assure u.
gotcha, the fat kick in the back is a must for me once you nail it.
Once I got my Outty I added the QSC primary, STM secondary, Muzzy and I have a Tune Monster, drop in cams and a bored throttle body on its way... so I guess its safe to say that I'm addicted to power :)

My bad I otta change my sig, my mav came in Thursday. My riding style is laid back with lots of dirt roads so the SXs is the thing to have. But I enjoy riding these higher performance sxs's much more than the quads now. The power is still very inpresive that keeps the seat of the paints exciting.

I got rid of the quad for the commander then got rid of the commander for the xp 900 then got rid of the xp for the mav. I'm more about the creature comforts of the sxs
you came a long way.... how do you compare the xp900 to the Maverick?

All in all its just what suits u best for what u like to do. I like to do everything and that's why I kept my outty xmr and now have the maverick as well. But I definitely will be hoppin this maverick up every single chance I get.
Alex whats ur riding style ?
I do pretty much solely fast trail riding, some paved roads are in the mix as well. No mudding and no rock crawling.
I bought my outty in late December 2012 it has now 48hrs on the clock and 900 miles.
The trails were I ride are mostly twisty, some steep inclines and drops, lots of rocks throughout as well....perfect tracks to go fast....I guess that describes my driving style pretty well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Quote : gotcha, the fat kick in the back is a must for me once you nail it.
Once I got my Outty I added the QSC primary, STM secondary, Muzzy and I have a Tune Monster, drop in cams and a bored throttle body on its way... so I guess its safe to say that I'm addicted to power :)

I would like to retract my previous statement lol ...... theres gonna be a big difference in power between a stock mav and your outty :smile:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'll have to get back to ya about comparing the to, all my riding plans feel apart this weekend so I really never got to go ride the mav yet.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had an 800 xt Outty. I tried to figure out a way to to keep it but just couldn't justify having both. I also have other hobbies. I think the Maverick will be more than enough. Once the Outlander was gone I had no remorse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got rid of a YFZ450R for my Maverick and don't regret it one bit. As I get older I am seeing that I don't heal up as fast as I used to. After four days of my YFZ at Little Sahara, I was done with it. I loved the power but it was not comfortable cruising the dunes. I only have 30 miles of my Maverick and that was just from some gravel road cruising today. It took some getting used to being in the driver's seat vs. being in the center like on a quad. I have a 650 Outty and wouldn't be without a utility quad. I use it too much for cutting wood, farm chores, and fulfilling the need to blast the tighter trails. Keep your quad and get a Maverick.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts