Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ya Def not half windshield. As far as the rear brp wind screen goes, this is a big improvent for dust and mud being flung up.

·
Registered
229 Posts
yes I run it and love it. Those rubber straps are the ticket. Everything EMP makes is the best stuff. Im getting ready to order a full hard coated windshield from EMP. I use it during the cold months and the half during the warm months.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well, took it out finally and I'm disappointed to say that it really needs to be a HALF windshield. I am not sure why they made it 11"... If it were a true HALF windshield I think it would function much better. I feel like I got skimped on a few necessary inches.... What's up EMP?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well, took it out finally and I'm disappointed to say that it really needs to be a HALF windshield. I am not sure why they made it 11"... If it were a true HALF windshield I think it would function much better. I feel like I got skimped on a few necessary inches.... What's up EMP?!?!?!?!?
The problem I have found with full or even half windshields is if they get some mud or muddy water splashed on them they become very hard to see through, especially in colder months when a water splash freezes immediately. or when you hit a puddle and your winshield fogs up. for my riding conditions I prefer a shield I can see over top of. I suppose if I just putted around puddles instead of blasting through them it would be different. Also overtime they get scratches and try to drive into the sun with a scratched up windshield, glare. Most ppl probably don't have this to think about but here in the wooded trails of Pa. with climate ranging from snowing one day to 70 the next these are real concerns.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The problem I have found with full or even half windshields is if they get some mud or muddy water splashed on them they become very hard to see through, especially in colder months when a water splash freezes immediately. or when you hit a puddle and your winshield fogs up. for my riding conditions I prefer a shield I can see over top of. I suppose if I just putted around puddles instead of blasting through them it would be different. Also overtime they get scratches and try to drive into the sun with a scratched up windshield, glare. Most ppl probably don't have this to think about but here in the wooded trails of Pa. with climate ranging from snowing one day to 70 the next these are real concerns.
If EMP added 3" we could still see over the windshield when it was dirty. We understand the concept.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Bump up an old thread!! You guys still running emp 1/3 windshield? happy with them or not so much? Anyone make one any taller that they like better??

·
Registered
527 Posts
cough, cough, Anyone got any + or - feedback on this windshield??

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I bought a 12''x48'' piece of lexan from ebay shipped 30 bucks drilled some holes bought 2.0'' flat band tube clamps 99 cent each and done deal

·
Registered
367 Posts
^pics of this please^
thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
im running the emp 1/3 windshield
works great for the wife and I but we are "vertically challenged"

21 - 32 of 32 Posts