Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just ordered emps half windshield. was just wondering if anyone has one yet and how good it is about keeping wind out of your face?

·
Registered
884 Posts
How do you like the half windshield? Thinking of getting one for mine. Do you get a lot of dust in the cab?

·
Registered
244 Posts
just got mine and put it on for last weekend, it was not very dusty where we where, but it moved the wind up from being all over us to just the top part of our heads we liked it

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have a EMP half windshield n it does help for sure. I can tell from the pics we took before we had it( face covered in dust) then the pic after (face still little dusty but not half as bad) also you don't get those nasty dust buggers

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's too tall for me, I prefer some wind on my face. I am going to buy a quarter from somewhere.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Its not tall enough for me either. Quite wirtless for dust. But is good at deflecting some mud though, and like al emp stuff it is top quality

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like it, but wish it was a little taller. I am 6'-2" and the wind hits my sun glasses and blows them off my head. As for the dust it helps some. Anyone running the windscreen with the half windshield? Does it help with the dust?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nope... Don't keep the wind out of your face... wrong angle... Needs steeper angle & about 3" taller... EMP products rock.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
The 1/3 windshield actually. It is ok but I'm 5'9" & it hits me at the neck. If they would put a little steeper of an angle on the tops it could be adjusted. They need to build one that's adjustable in order to get it right then start mass production. Awesome company to deal with. Gretchen is awesome in costumer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Overall its OK, it does send the wind to the top of my head (I'm 6') which is perfect for me cuz with a helmet you won't feel much......but the stupid little rubber trim they give you to go between the hood and the windshield is worthless, it flew off twice on me and the second time I had it fully compressed so when it came off the window came in contact with the hood and scratched my wrap! :mad: I will find something else to do its job that fits the application better.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hmm. Well I just received my EMP "half windshield" and am wondering if I shouldn't return it and get the eBay one that's an actual half windshield. So those of you with the EMP feel it could be taller it sounds like?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts