Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping my qsc will arrive soon and I spoke with my dealer about the clutch stud recall. I told him that I did not want it. I have the airdam bolt that I already have in my secondary and plan on using upon installation of my new qsc. Anyone disagree?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Your QSC will come with it's own bolt. I would suggest using it instead of your airdam bolt.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K. Thanks. Is there a difference?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I don't know but why not use the bolt that was designed to be used with the clutch you buy? I would be worried that would void the warranty on the new clutch and create new problems.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definetly will, just wondering if the qsc was thicker and needed a longer bolt or whatever. Guess I will keep the airdam bolt and stock primary in case I sell it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I definetly will, just wondering if the qsc was thicker and needed a longer bolt or whatever. Guess I will keep the airdam bolt and stock primary in case I sell it.
Your QSC will come with its own bolt specifically design to be used with that clutch. Like you said, just keep the airdam bolt so you can reinstall the stock primary when you sell the car.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I"m not sure if I will ever be able to afford to sell it, lol. That would just meen the next one will cost 20,000 plus extras. (and I'm not refferring to the xpeepee1000)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
yeah in 3 or 4 more yrs the new ones will be $25K so $15K for your's will be a deal

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Now that's an interesting offer, since I still have mine. Hmmmm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts