Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my Maverick I put STI HD3's on with a set of GBC Grim Reaper 8ply 27's. Well in 180 miles I have destroyed and replaced 3 of the tires. The tire is awesome in many ways, grip, handling, ride, but I just can't get it to live. I am guessing for 90% of guys out there it would be awesome....but I live in West Virginia. Trails are rough and very rocky. The added width of the Maverick really make the sidewalls vulnerable to rocks.

Before my Maverick I had a commander with 28-10-14 ITP Bajacross. I had great luck with them. Only one flat and it was repairable. The GBC's aren’t repairable I am ripping the sidewalls out of them. I am done playing games and sick of ending rides early. I am ordering beadlocks, tires and tire balls today.

The only thing i am undecided on is the tire size. I don't know whether to run the 28" tires again or go with the 26" I like the option of the 26 because i can run 11 inch wide in the rear. With my QSC clutch I am constantly lighting up the rear tires, I would like as much surface area to grab traction as possible, plus I am much more concerned about handling and performance than a big tire that is more aesthetically pleasing.

Is anyone out there running a 26" tire? Pics?

·
Registered
128 Posts
running the stock rims and tires and they work great, it dances around as much as i like, i guess "out of control" is just a matter of how much you are comfy with :wink:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I run stock tires and wheels and I run in the same terrain as you do, mountains of Arkansas, and I haven't had a problem yet. Dammit, just ginxed em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts