Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a setup similar to this and running and LinQ rack on their Can Am X3 XRS?? I have a 2021 and want to run a 35 spare. I just wanted to know have anyone put a tire like that on their rack?

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Your title seems like your asking about a 35” tire on a 20” wheel. Might want to change it . You may get more responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
241 Posts
My buddy was running 35” tensor DS on pivoting rack. No issues that I’m aware of.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for the info Wavwslider, think I’ve run out of portions to place a spare with the cooler etc..

·
Registered
86 Posts
I carry a 32" 10 ply fuel on a method wheel and I broke 2 LINQ clamps. I was only doing 65 and my zip tie repair held longer but kind of defeat the cool gas shock lift. This is my temporary fix.
rack holddown.jpg

·
Registered
296 Posts
I carry a 32" 10 ply fuel on a method wheel and I broke 2 LINQ clamps.
This is a really good point, and one I had not considered; The two pivot points are LINQ clamps that may not be able to handle the weight of anything larger than stock wheels and tires. I found that there was a pretty good weight difference between 30s and 32 inch tires. Now, I'm an old guy so not as strong as I used to be, but I'm not sure I would put a 35 on the rack and have to deal with somehow strapping it down on the trail if it breaks. A 35 may "fit" but probably not a good idea.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is a really good point, and one I had not considered; The two pivot points are LINQ clamps that may not be able to handle the weight of anything larger than stock wheels and tires. I found that there was a pretty good weight difference between 30s and 32 inch tires. Now, I'm an old guy so not as strong as I used to be, but I'm not sure I would put a 35 on the rack and have to deal with somehow strapping it down on the trail if it breaks. A 35 may "fit" but probably not a good idea.
I feel the same. Even with a stock tire I think I'll add some extra strapping just in case.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've been thinking of going with a bed delete to also lower my cog but I feel like all I do lately is work instead of ride. I'm. 62 with screws in my back so I feel your pain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts