Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just picked up my mav and am looking to bring some new people to my group. I live about an hour north of SF and I have a group of about 10 friends that all ride. All of them are XP but me but hey thats how it goes. Anyways my group is a pretty agressive one... I am the slowest for sure but hey. Anyways the places we ride are Cow mountain Berryessa Indian Valley. Those are all within two hours of us. We will also be doing trips to pismo and cooz bay throughout the summer. Anyone that would like to come ride hit me up. Usually anywhere between 3-5 sometimes more at a time. Jess

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that doesnt help much.... I guess I just have to listen to all my friends and the xp bull... on my own :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
We all have or had to put up with the trash talk over the years, but now more & more of these Mav units are getting out there. The tides will soon change, everytime I go out I get at least a couple Polaris boys to change their tune, raving at how nice the Mav is and so on.
Where do you ride at Berryessa? I used to go to the lake all the time when I was younger, is there a place to ride there too. I'm in Sac area so its not very far.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So wecride all through the hills there... some of the bestctrails I think. They are wide enough for our machines. My friends mash throygh single track in indian valley cause they dont care about their xps. I got my sxs to have fun but to be honest not a fan of destoying my new 25k purchase when not needed :) anyways berryessa is awesome we should link up. I purchaded my mav in sac two weeks ago.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dramdiesel I sent you over contact info where do you ride in Sac? I have to go back that way for me 10 hour service soon.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My time is really limited right now but would like to check out the Berryessa trails one of these days. Maybe we could all get together for a group ride up there or sometime.

Is there no Can Am dealer in the Santa Rosa area, Sac is kinda far for a service.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a can am dealer but thet dont carry sxs not really sure what the deal with that was. Hayward is closest can am sxs dealer to me but I really didn't car for the service so I went elsewhere being Sac. We might be riding this weekend at CC camp or Pillsbury. I know that's far for u but it's a few hours for me as well. Anyways hit me up if you wanna roll or you n your friends have any stuff planned for the near future.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What dealer you going to? Twin cities motorsports took care of me well. Ask for Seth. He makes things happen ASAP.

I ride all over. Dutch Flat, the roads past bowman lake to hwy 89 east of Truckee, Volcano valley, sand mountain, and I want to do Cisco grove.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Mavburger may hit up cc camp this weekend its still up in the air. That isnt to far from you is it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dram Seth was my guy too. The guy kicked ass I think. I showed up he was like I have a mav in a box if you want it Ill throw all my guys on it and you can have it in 3 hours. So thats exactly what we did. Did you get the 4 year extended warranty through him. I did it seemed like a pretty good deal in the long run.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Mavburger may hit up cc camp this weekend its still up in the air. That isnt to far from you is it?
I'm free on Sunday and would love to hit CC. Never been there but it's about the same distance for me as Cow. Do you know your way around there? I have a GPS that shows all the trails but I know a lot of them are single track. Hope to have my new cage on by then.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Whats up Joey, how was Sand mtn?
Anyways I was sitting here reading your guys posts of these different riding areas, scratching my head wondering where these areas are at since I grew up in Lake Co & pretty familiar with the area. Well it was about 20-25 years ago, damn I'm getting old. Did a search and its pretty funny, because I used to do hare scrambles up at upper lake or middle creek. Had never heard of cc camp or maybe I just don't remember. I think the knoxville riding area used to be the old gold mine but we would go up there through lower lake and not berryessa. Back then we usually didn't venture too far into the forests/blm do to the pot farms & boobie traps. Running over hidden nail boards always made for a bad day plus there was alot worse out there. Now days they just grow the shit out in the open. Crazy. I'll have to set some time aside and check it out again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whats up Joey, how was Sand mtn?
Anyways I was sitting here reading your guys posts of these different riding areas, scratching my head wondering where these areas are at since I grew up in Lake Co & pretty familiar with the area. Well it was about 20-25 years ago, damn I'm getting old. Did a search and its pretty funny, because I used to do hare scrambles up at upper lake or middle creek. Had never heard of cc camp or maybe I just don't remember. I think the knoxville riding area used to be the old gold mine but we would go up there through lower lake and not berryessa. Back then we usually didn't venture too far into the forests/blm do to the pot farms & boobie traps. Running over hidden nail boards always made for a bad day plus there was alot worse out there. Now days they just grow the shit out in the open. Crazy. I'll have to set some time aside and check it out again.
Hey Jerry,
Sand Mt was a blast. We had about 20+ side x sides there. A friend brought his Mav. I was really impressed by how it duned. Tons of power. He didn't bring dirt tires so he just stuck to the dunes.
Hope we can get together for a ride. CC Camp is the Penny Pines/Upper Lake OHV/Elk Mountain area. Lots of different names.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I was actually impressed as well, performed better than I expected. I ran the stockers and could pull comp hill 30-35mph with 2 adults + I have probably 250-300lb extra weight w/accessories.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts