Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
if u don't find any riding friends here there are tons on the rzr forum u can join ! they have over 50k members there !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I know there are also guys on the Teryx forum that ride Vegas

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I live in vegas 18 years now and just got a canam maverick max a week ago. you can ride several places, depends what your style is. I have had and rode here for 5 years other sxs.

for sand, apex, out by the military base is a hot bed. trails, cold creek is nice and cooler temps, other sand dunes is armgosa, nice deep bowls, its 2 hrs north of vegas, Kanab Utah, great trails and 2 hrs away. also around vegas lots of riding south of boulder city, many trails, mesquite, nv just east you can ride to grand canyon. out by state line/nv.ca border. around mt Charleston.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Hay jessman, have spent all my life here in Boulder city and now that the weather is cooling off a little, I am usually down by the big sub-station south of town early in the morning.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm in Henderson and always looking to get out and ride let me know. Eldorado Canyon in Nelson is great place to ride, Goodsprings as not to bad, the Arizona Strip outside of Mesquite is amazing and you have the Logandale trail system that's not to bad.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey dirty funny I just logged back on after a long time. Yeah lets go ride one day soon. I have hit the lake bed a few times and apex once its not my fav pretty harsh on the body and the rig. Gonna be doing a lot of Dumont trips here very shortly you should roll with. Also gonna be hitting up Glamis for the first time on Halloween.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Hay Jess, would really like to do Dumont sometime, 2 Hrs from B.C. is not bad. I rip up my gullies and desert washes below the sub station pretty well but have just not rode the sand much, Sand Hollow for a weekend is about it. Would be nice to go with someone that knows the terrain and the weather in Oct. is all good. P.S. I think you will really like Clamis from the stories I've heard, it's big. Just be careful of the Halloween beer goonies. Lots of people.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For sure you will like Dumont it's fun and very close to camp. It's 2 hours from me as well. I wouldn't call myself an experienced duner but I been a few spots and dumont is fun and fairly predictable which makes me feel safer than sand hollow or Coral pink places like that. You should roll with for Halloween

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have never heard of the Arizona strip out side of mesquite but I did ride good springs last Saturday. I'm in aliante but I too am always down to go riding, the group I usually go with is goin to enterprise reservoir ut this weekend.

·
Registered
367 Posts
So longbow28 and I(Trent) are going riding out by Nelson and down to the river tomorrow morning, would any of you other Vegas guys like to go with us?

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you take 95 going towards Laughlin, you will turn left onto SR165. The exit says 'Nelsons Landing'. The turn is probably 6 miles from Railroad pass and just as you pass the Eldorado Valley dry lake bed. There is a historical marker on the right after getting on SR165. We are going to meet there @0930. I hope you can make it. Longbow is taking us on a long ride to river and to some mines and then we might just make a day of it! Bring some lunch and plenty to drink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey jessman I pm'ed you with my cell# so you can call me. Trent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Weather is looking great for tomorrow 81 and some clouds you can't beat that. Hope you all can make it, it's gong to be a fun ride :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts