Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im putting my skids on. If you have installed some on a maverick, what did you think?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I would think it would be easy. The stock skids are pretty much flat and would be easy to use as s template.

What's your issues? Holes not linning up?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I did too but it has been more difficult than I expected. The sides actually flare up on the machine and the futv skid is flat so you have to bend it up. They should have molded it that way instead of flat. And the directions is a sheet of paper with hand written directions (pretty vauge) and a phone number saying call me if you got questions.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Id still recommend these, its just like everything aftermarket is never perfect.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No they didnt just copy them. It covers the whole bottom in one piece. Have you even looked at what the stock ones look like? Know what the futv one looks like? Stock ones dont even cover most of the bottom.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
No they didnt just copy them. It covers the whole bottom in one piece. Have you even looked at what the stock ones look like? Know what the futv one looks like? Stock ones dont even cover most of the bottom.
never seen the futv ones, and yes the stock ones are small but they serve me well. If a product does not have good directions and is a pita to install i would say they need a little more engineering before they put out more. Alot of the aftermarket and OEM manufactures expect us as the consumers to test their shitty designs. If we dont stand up and demand a fix when something goes wrong we are part of the problem.

dont be afraid to call them out, i will only make a better product.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well futv just called me and we talked about the skids. Thats great service and greatly appreciated. The issue I was having was the sides come flat and you just bend them up and they will be good to go. The commanders are the same way. I was just afraid to force it up because I thought it would break. I will post pics when I get done. Im happy again, thanks futv.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
20130223_170632.jpg 20130223_170523.jpg
Here's a couple of pics with the a-arms guards on. They used my rig for the mock up and can tell you these guys are great stand up people. These are by far the best made, I agree the instructions are a little vague, at least they were on my Commander but it is pretty straight forward. Unbolt stock skids and bolt up new skids w/the exception with the self tapping bolts on the edges.

·
Vendor
146 Posts
Sorry about the instructions, we've just been inundated with requests for the skids and wanted to get them to people ASAP. Any of our customers can call the shop anytime and get support for any issue with our products and we will get proper instructions done for the skids.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts