Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in painting my exhaust cans... Thinking a gloss black to make them look a little nicer. Has anyone done this? If so, what did you use and how is it holding up?

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
I used white high temp engine paint. It held up until I hit it with a pressure washer. I plan on sbufging them up with a wire wheel and painting again.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Why not just powdercoat them then they would last a long time.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Powder coat don't hold up worth a damn on exhausts. Been there done that. Twice. Was even a " high temp" powder coat. Burned off on the first day (cracked and flaked) both times. Cerami-coat if you want in to last. Anything else just doesn't hold up. Header paint is a cheap option, just be prepared to redo it every now and again.

Have had good luck with VHT header paint. Rated for 1200*

Reactions: Zakka

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
jet hot coated , less heat to any color u want

Reactions: Zakka

·
Registered
548 Posts
chrome 'em... that way, the popo drivers have something nice and shiny to look at as you disappear into the distance

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Hahahaahah

I think that's the only place that does it around us other wise u can mail them to jet hot coating

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks, damn nead Guadalupe. I better take a gun and some dog food to distract the strays when i get out of my Miata i would hate to loose a mandle to stray dogs.
Bad neighborhood or what?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts