Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
I did let me see if I can find pics. I bolted it to the floor and the side wall. The sidewall I used aluminum angle. I also used a piece of angle to secure the top and bottom boxes together. Tim

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I have one but it just sit in there and has not moved. When I pack to go camping there is always enough stuff in there that it has nowhere to go. When I have towed it around town or on quick overnights where the garage is not packed it still has not moved. I like that I can pull it out quickly if I get into something a little involved and do not want to keep bending over to get into the tool box. It is a three drawer box with a non opening top.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I have a top and bottom chest in my 28' race car trailer that came with it. I relocated it so I can get 2 SxSs in the trailer an bolted it to the wall. I have a roll on for my Toy Hauler.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. We tow over some crazy terrain and our current toy hauler has a tool chest compartment. The new TH we ordered doesn't but the rest of the TH is so excellent we'll have to figure it out.
Appreciate the takes.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had a storage compartment under the refrigerator. There was a 6 drawer box with plastic nut & bolt bin on top that would work, but was to big to go thru the opening. Not to be outdone, I removed the refrigerator, cut a hole in the floor and dropped the box in. Repaired the floor, put the frige back, pulled the tool box drawers and screwed it down, and replaced the drawers. Worked great!!

In my current hauler, again, found a box to fit the front pass thru compartment. If it was mounted front to rear it would block everything behind it. Side to side was much better but hard to get into. I had some left over garage door rails and rollers, and built a extension to rollout for access to the box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts