Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I bought a 12"x48" .22 thick of Lexan for 30 bucks off eBay drilled four holes bought (4) 2" cushion clamps and bam 35 dolla windshield lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to do what he do as well but i wanna figure out if u heat that up in the brake if u can bend it out alittle.. i imagine having that bent lip on the top is awsome for deflection

·
Registered
400 Posts
EMP half TINTED

Heres my latest MOD---

Attachments

Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Registered
568 Posts
I would like to do what he do as well but i wanna figure out if u heat that up in the brake if u can bend it out alittle.. i imagine having that bent lip on the top is awsome for deflection
Yes, you can heat it and bend it

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Hickory, NC
2,962 Posts
You don't have to spend a fortune on a windshield. Got the glass and aluminum channel from my glass buddy, stainless hinges from mcmastercarr, EMP supplied the quick straps. Powdercoated to match the frame. Removable anchors for when I want it folded. Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Now I'm making custom tearoffs for it Yellow Tool Steel

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
nice job...looks like a quality piece....

·
Hickory, NC
2,962 Posts
So u made your windshield? Did you have to cute around the plastics?
Yes, all homemade. Made a cardboard template for the hood and transferred pattern to poly. Upper is custom too reaching out to the roll cage for strength. I trailer it at 70 mph and it does great. I've never really needed the bent edge at the top which makes the replacement quick and easy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts