Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't even know if this exists this way. you see a V shaped bars on the front of the roll cage maverick, does anyone sell those as a bolt on option>that will also allow the oem window to still work. thanks

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
most of the mare on custom cages but I do recall someone posting one that was bolt-on but not sure if it would work with a windshield.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
dragon fire makes them & utvinc , the windshield might rub a lil on the tube clamps but should work with trimming if needed

I welded some in and curved them to the a pillar bars so it looks flesh not straight like others

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Benzo nailed it…..here is the link for the one from UTVinc. It definitely looks like it will interfere with the windshield but could probably modify the windshield mounts to make it work.

UTV INC CAN AM MAVERICK INTRUSION DASH BAR

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
this is the dragon fire one

1234147_667735659913111_78274418_n.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My buddy had the UTV inc one on his commander and liked it until ha decided to weld one in place.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you all very much for your time and answering this for me. after seeing that video last week posted here where the atv hit the front area of the maverick I got to thinking it may be needed to prevent someone from coming through the front cab.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
NP . I feel much safer behind it for sure !

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
only problem im seeing is window and full solid roof when ever someone makes one...lol... would have to notch them both out and not sure what that would look like

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya if u just bring it to a shop or not sure if u weld but if u weld the bars in u wont need to notch as they will be flush with the other bars for the roof and windshield

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree, the intrusion bars are a must have cuz you just never know. It only takes one time to have a problem.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have it on my list of add on's as well. Not sure if I will buy a blot on or have one welded on….I do like the opposing color of the Dragon Fire unit…..

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I've been looking at these too. Spoke with Dragon fire today...said the (black) intrusion bars should be available on website within next week or two. I understand the purpose of intrusion bars, but what about just the dash bar alone that UTV offers. That's supposed to be for lateral support??????

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I think they both sell
Em but you might have to go with their cage.
Call utv unc and talk to willie or nick and they'll
Get you headed in the right direction

1 - 18 of 18 Posts