Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was going to get one but, decided to just get the rear wind screen. I was told that they will fit on the mav though since the cage is that same as the commander.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I'm runnin the clear window, it's ok but there is only one mount point at the center bottom. If you trailer it down the road it fills up with air like a parachute and tears at the bottom! Solution was a full strip of Velcro along bottom.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm runnin the clear window, it's ok but there is only one mount point at the center bottom. If you trailer it down the road it fills up with air like a parachute and tears at the bottom! Solution was a full strip of Velcro along bottom.
Are you talking about the hard rear window?? If so how good does it work at keeping stuff out?
Also do you have any pics, I haven't seen any on a mav yet.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think he is talking about the clear soft window. I had a hard window on the back of my rzr with a hard roof and windshield and, it kept everything out. Like i said above i have to windscreen on my mav. Also have a hard roof and windshield and, i haven't got anything inside it either but, i haven't really been on many dusty conditions yet since there has only been snow on the damn ground still.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he is talking about the clear soft window. I had a hard window on the back of my rzr with a hard roof and windshield and, it kept everything out. Like i said above i have to windscreen on my mav. Also have a hard roof and windshield and, i haven't got anything inside it either but, i haven't really been on many dusty conditions yet since there has only been snow on the damn ground still.
What about on some of the wet trails/ dirt roads, does it gets any spray from the back on the interior and your arms?? My buddies commander did but he had nothing in the rear window area..

·
Registered
163 Posts
On my rzr s I never got anything on the interior from the back with the hard window. On my mav i get a tiny little bit of mist through the wind screen if riding on alot of lying water on trails. For instance last time i rode it we were on a railroad bed and there was about three inches of water laying on the railroad bed but, nothing major got into the interior through the wind screen.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I also have a full windshield on my mav so you may not get any mist in the interior of yours if you have a half windshield. If you decide to go with the windscreen and not the hard window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts