Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to ME on Sat to pick up a new 8'6x20' v nose trailer with a 7'6 ceiling. I want to get the floor sealed up before I even put the Mav in the thing. I have been thinking about the Rustoleum garage floor kit. the 2 gallon kit says it does 500 square feet, so that should be more than plenty, and it's only $99 at Homer Depot. I am just curious if anyone on here has gone that route in an enclosed trailer, and if so, how well did it bond to the plywood? Did you prime the plywood before applying the floor cover? How has it held up? Does it get slippery? I'd like to do the ramp too. I've seen people use paint, vinyl tiles and Rhino Liner, but haven't seen a lot on this application. The few times I have found something it was a fresh application and they didn't have any info on how it holds up in the long run.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I used rhino lining in a 6x12 I had. Worked out great

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I had them spray it in. They did my brothers truck bed the week before and gave me a little discount. Turned out real well. I'll see if I can dig up a pic

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks, it was a fun build! Of course now I do not want to use it in the winter, so we just got another 8x20 for Northeast salt towing :)

Wow, that's some nice work. That trailer came out real nice! I'll take a look at the Rexthane too. Thanks!

07XLN- Did you have it sprayed or do the roll on?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just bought a 24 ft trailor and did the floor. A few tips, the warmer the weather the better. It was about 63 degrees when i did mine. Within two hrs it was setting up in the can. Do the edges first. Start at the back door and work your way to the front. Work about 4 feet and put the sprinkls in. Then stir the epoxy for a few minutes again. Do another section and stir again. You should have enough to cover the floor. Mine was for 250sq ft and i was only able to cover the deck. I need to get another gallon and do the ramp. Good luck i like how mine turned out. When the temp get up there i will be finishing mine. I would wait until the temp was in the mid 70's.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Just finalized everything at the trailer place and it'll be ready to pick up on Sat. I will weigh my options, and talk to the Sherwin Williams store in town about the rexthane 1. It sounds like either option should do what I am looking for. Whichever option I choose, I'll do it in the shop at work so it is warm and dry for the application and leave it overnight to dry before I move it. I hope the v nose helps when towing... it's a tall, wide SOB up there in the wind!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts