Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my helix out to another stock one and see if it has any effect on my rpm problem. I changed out the stock spring to another stock spring but had the same results with low rpm and hearing it shift out at around 45-50 mph. So this makes me think its not all in the secondary spring and must have some other secondary problem that's makin some of these mav's do this. Also it would be nice to try a helix that came off a mav that's hitting 8000 all the time. Also I did put the airdam spring in and was hitting rpm but now not so much.. Even with the airdam spring from new I was able to hear it shift out at 45-50 mph a little but not as bad as the stocker..

·
Registered
969 Posts
The helix is a solid piece there really isn't anything that would go wrong with it. The primary spring on mine when I took it out was sacked out bad. I think the primary spring may be contributing to the rpm problem. If you want to try anything that would be my suggestion. Everything works together winding up the secondary doesn't fix the problem. If the springs fatigue from heat or miles then you don't hold your shift rpm. The way I see it the weights are too heavy for the springs once the springs take a set. They set them up with sea level calibrations with new springs once they start losing tension the RPM's drop. I got my weights machined thinner.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that possibly that some helix's may have messed up angles on them. Mine isn't one smooth angle, it drops off at one point on the helix and would be nice to see if others are like that. Also I figured try one piece at a time and maybe find the colprate..lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts