Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to have something cut and was wondering if anyone could do it for me. I will pay of course and I already have the cad file.

Thanks

Dennis

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what are you brewing up???

Actually its a plate for the area not used on the left side of the steering wheel. It's perfect for 3 switches or a gauge. I am going to print out my final design tomorrow and send it to Alex. Maybe he will sell them if it comes out decent. My prototype looked pretty good but my fabrication skills suck while my computer skills much better. If you ever need a Data Center designed I am your guy, switch plate.... not so much.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was kind of hoping i could send the file to someone who has a maverick so they could cut it and see how it fits. All I can do it print it actual size on paper and line it up. I think aluminum would be perfect, my prototype was made out of 6061 but it was way too thick, the switches wouldn't even lock into place. Like I said I want to send these to someone who will consider making them and selling to the rest of the maverick owners.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good idea D.
Thanks Marty, hope it works.

For the record this wasn't 100% my idea. I saw it somewhere a while back but for the life of me can't remember where. Someone either posted a pic of it somewhere or I saw it in a maverick. I tried to get Turnkey to make me one, they said if they had time, that was a few months ago. Like I said, someone with a Plasma CNC and a Maverick can take my file and make this thing look really good. If Alex thinks its a waste of time I will find someone else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts