Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to have something cut and was wondering if anyone could do it for me. I will pay of course and I already have the cad file.

Thanks

Dennis

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am looking to have something cut and was wondering if anyone could do it for me. I will pay of course and I already have the cad file.

Thanks

Dennis
what are you brewing up???

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what are you brewing up???

Actually its a plate for the area not used on the left side of the steering wheel. It's perfect for 3 switches or a gauge. I am going to print out my final design tomorrow and send it to Alex. Maybe he will sell them if it comes out decent. My prototype looked pretty good but my fabrication skills suck while my computer skills much better. If you ever need a Data Center designed I am your guy, switch plate.... not so much.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha...sounds like a good idea.....We could always use room for more switches! Are you going to have it powder coated black as well?

·
Registered
232 Posts
There are some shops that will do waterjet for one offs if you have the material. I use one that charges$.10 an inch.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was kind of hoping i could send the file to someone who has a maverick so they could cut it and see how it fits. All I can do it print it actual size on paper and line it up. I think aluminum would be perfect, my prototype was made out of 6061 but it was way too thick, the switches wouldn't even lock into place. Like I said I want to send these to someone who will consider making them and selling to the rest of the maverick owners.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I was kind of hoping i could send the file to someone who has a maverick so they could cut it and see how it fits. All I can do it print it actual size on paper and line it up. I think aluminum would be perfect, my prototype was made out of 6061 but it was way too thick, the switches wouldn't even lock into place. Like I said I want to send these to someone who will consider making them and selling to the rest of the maverick owners.
I'm a buyer

Reactions: SwerveOffRoad

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Good idea D.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts