Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about picking one of these up yet concerned about my harness bar. I DID search and most people say it will work, yet I am curious to get some feedback from those who actually have both.

Thx!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have utv inc bar on my maverick with the box and turnkey bar on my Max with the bar. Tight fit but works.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the trunk you want. I have a 2014 xxc with Can am harness bar.
All three purchased in mid nonmember 2013. Unless brp has changed the harness bar, the trunk will not work with the factory harness bar! Unless my dealer gave me the wrong harness bar even tho they swore it was the correct one for 2014 model!
Issue was that harness bar would go to far back and was in the way of the truck to fit property in place. Couldn't even install the trunk!
I ended up cutting and re-welding the ends clamp of the harness bar at a different angle and made the bar shorter bringing it closer to the back of the seats.
It is working great now.
I can post pictures later if you need.

Benoit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
See attached two pictures of harness bar with storage box.
you will notice the bar has a slight bend to it. Don't pay attention to it, we had tried to bend the bar to try to the make ends fit to the roll cage at first, but that didn't work. We ended up cutting of both clamp ends, shorten the bar a little and re-weld the clamp end back on at the proper angle.

Let me know if you need any more pictures or have any more questions.

Benoit

IMG_3285.jpg
IMG_3286.jpg

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thinking about picking one of these up yet concerned about my harness bar. I DID search and most people say it will work, yet I am curious to get some feedback from those who actually have both.

Thx!!
I had a utvinc bar on mine and it fit with no problem. Little room to spare. Opened up fine and everything. Since you're running a 13 model I'd look for a utvinc bar or turnkey and be done with it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How do y'all like the box after you've bought and used it? Is it worth the money? Is it durable enough? Thinking about buying one and my dealership locked the key in their demo and I couldn't look inside. Lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts