Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Mav Max heading out for its maiden voyage in the dunes.
Haven't been in about 8 years. Any recommendations from the west coast guys ?
I'm all stock for now. Planning full 5 point belts and probably some tires....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the site. My first trip this year will be Halloween. May still be a little warm or possibly windy any earlier.There will be a big Rzr party going on so should be fun picking on some of them. Plus they will be releasing the XP1K 4 seater.

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
nov 8-11

there will be a big group of us out there -

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah.... Veterans Day weekend also for sure ...... Gotta take advantage of the holiday to skip work.... Lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ill be out at gordons well every big weekend, Halloween excreta. I will have my Maverick and my CR500. just look for the big rockstar sticker on the roof and red white and blue whips with USA flags on top. or the CR500 with a white back finder and the 4 on the number on the plates lol. ! see u guys in the sand !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I like going to Gordons a couple times years. Its actually fun because you can do destination rides up to Glamis or over to Buttercup.
Then when you leave its a very short road to the hiway 8.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The last time I did a ride from Glamis to Gordon's, it was in a rhino that topped out at 45 miles an hour in the sand! I can't wait to get a group of us doing 75 miles an hour all the way there and back!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah I've done it running fairly fast with Shannon & Chad from GW. Then had lunch at vendors row, stopped at Olds and then watched the first half of the drags then run fast back to GW. Great ride for sure.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
We usually go from wash 15 to GW. Eat down there and then play in the dunes and come out on sand highway by the closures. Then take that back to the drags. From there the dunes back to wash 15.

It is a long ride, but always fun. We usually bring some extra gas.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Where do you eat lunch at Gordon's? The cafe?

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
The cafe - Duner's Diner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts