Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll admit I didn’t pay attention to the laws when ordering my new can am with chase lights. Anyone know anything about led controllers or wiring? I’d like to try and eliminate the blue lights in the unit and keep the Amber. I don’t think you can just simply cut a wire but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I watched a friend of mine almost get arrested here in Canada for blue chase lights. Cop was an ASSHOLE but had a point that it very much did look like impersonating a cop...

·
Registered
649 Posts
The cops up here (I would assume everywhere...?) have lightbars that strobe in different patterns depending what they're doing, Blue and red, Blue and white, Blue and yellow, and just yellow. So the chase lights strobing Blue/White/Yellow does look like their lights. I think while they're technically correct, it shouldn't even be considered a problem in the context the lights are being used.

·
Registered
2018 x3 XMR Turbo
85 Posts
Not familiar with those lights but it might be possible to cover the LEDs with either red or amber tail light repair tape on the inside of the lens. This would change the blue to green or purple depending on which color you use.

Reactions: Quad2Sxs

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,771 Posts
shocked can-am would put blue on their chase lights.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a Baja Designs Rear Chase Light that has red on both ends that also work as breaklights, amber on both sides inside of the red lights and a bright white light that is switch operated to light up the rear of the machine.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Blue can be seen from farther away than any other color so it actually makes sense. They're considered off road lights on an off road only vehicle, can't blame BRP for including blue.

Reactions: OVRKLL.LAB
1 - 12 of 12 Posts