Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever been riding and going down a trail where there was water, but it dropped off to teh point your engine died. if so, how did you fix it. I have always been told drain air box, take plug out, try and start, put new plug in. however a friend done that and it wont restart. i have never actually had to do it. any one have any tricks

·
Registered
292 Posts
You also need to drain the exhaust.If there is water in the exhaust pipes it can suck in the cylinder when you try to crank it re-wetting the plug that you just changed or dried. My commander cut off while I was deep so I pull it up a steep hill to try to get the water to run out of the exhaust and then spin the motor over.I use to sink my 4 wheeler all the time. I would pull the plug, then flip it up on the back rack, then spin the motor over until the water stop blowing out of the plug hole.Then I would replace the spark plug or dry it off the best I could and reinstall it. Usually it would crank up pretty easy. That just depends on how dry you got the cylinder.Do Not Try To Crank With Water In The Cylinder! Water doesn't compress very well.I could and probably will cause engine damage. As camamxteam said check your oil. If it has water in it you will have to change it 4 or 5 times.

Reactions: bulldogs101
1 - 3 of 3 Posts