Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I guess I am just anal with my toys. If you put one of those universal bars with the U-clamp it will for sure crush the bar down in turn making it look like shit. And I dont think the clamps they carry will fit around that bar anyway. The one that I bought from there for my truck, which is also designed to clamp to an ATV grab bar will only fit around a ~1" pipe. The cross bar on the front bumper is much bigger then that
You don't have to go ape shit on the torque to get a good clamp force on a 1 1/2 bar. I used those type of clamps on my quads and my truck with hand tools with no issues. You can also wrap insulated tape around the bar to reduce any marks which you will get on that black powdercoat if you are very anal about scratches. I did wrap tape around my bar. The clamps they have may not fit which is why I mentioned the bar is 1 1/2 inches but UTVs are becoming more common at the dunes these days. So you can make one yourself, call the shops up a head of time to see if they have such a clamp or UTV Inc. has a nice flag mount for the bumper if you are willing to spend $45.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The one I used measured 1 3/8. So I spread the u bolt the put it on the squeezed it back together to fit through the bracket put the nuts on and good to go. It'll always be on there anyway.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts