Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm unfortunate to live in IL, but fortunate that my little town has an ordinance for "slow moving vehicles". Golf cart or SxS.

Just love being able to drive my Mav to work every day. I have to take an S curve as I enter the industrial park and there's a church with gravel parking lot on that curve. Rarely do I not drift that parking lot to and fro. Lovin it!

The hard part is keeping it quite as i go through town.

I'm a PoC firefighter and one of the more "hard to read" cops pulled up to the FD, asking if that was me he saw fly past the old motoX track. Him and his partner get out and start asking questions about it. I say take it for a ride man! and he says, "Can I?" like a kid asking for a ride. The look on his face when I said "F yeah you can!" was priceless. Next thing I know, I got 2 uniformed cops flying around the neighborhood in my Mav.

I think I'll be just fine riding around town.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I freaking wish. Colorado is pretty hardcore on keeping us off the roads. Total bummer, especially living in such a small town in the foothills, 5 miles from the largest trail system in the state. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a chat with a city council member. All it takes is a city ordinance. We have to have turn signals and mirror and that's about it for sxs.

Have to stay off state roads, but can cross them @ 90*. All states should allow side by sides to be legal with minimal mods. Motorcycles are 2 wheels and a motor with lights.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That is awesome….I can't ride it in my town but several counties up in the mountains allow it if you have a plate and insurance so I am good to go when we are up there on vacation or for the weekend.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I could drive mine but I don't :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm unfortunate to live in IL, but fortunate that my little town has an ordinance for "slow moving vehicles". Golf cart or SxS.

Just love being able to drive my Mav to work every day. I have to take an S curve as I enter the industrial park and there's a church with gravel parking lot on that curve. Rarely do I not drift that parking lot to and fro. Lovin it!

The hard part is keeping it quite as i go through town.

I'm a PoC firefighter and one of the more "hard to read" cops pulled up to the FD, asking if that was me he saw fly past the old motoX track. Him and his partner get out and start asking questions about it. I say take it for a ride man! and he says, "Can I?" like a kid asking for a ride. The look on his face when I said "F yeah you can!" was priceless. Next thing I know, I got 2 uniformed cops flying around the neighborhood in my Mav.

I think I'll be just fine riding around town.
Smart move letting them have a taste of the fun machine. Now they are jealous instead of pissed off and they totally understand why you drive it to work. Classic move.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I get to take mine all over town too. In the summer months you can't go through town without seeing a UTV or 4 wheeler. Works out good not having to trailer to the riding areas.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I drive mine all over town...to Buddy's house, pick up my daughter from school, Starbucks just to EFF with the hippie dirt heads, I also organize a group of sxs to tour the east valley for x-mas lights. They are street legal in AZ.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I could as my subdivision allows it as well as the nearest village. However, it's about 15 miles of trail along the hiway and when I do ride it there it creates a dust cloud that stops traffic depending on the wind direction. Don't need the heat from the cops but I do take it on weekends to the local bar for wings and beers. If you don't stop you can't be charged, kind of catch me if you can MF's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I freaking wish. Colorado is pretty hardcore on keeping us off the roads. Total bummer, especially living in such a small town in the foothills, 5 miles from the largest trail system in the state. :(
But you'll shoot your eye out! Oh..wait..

Think I'll lobby my local senator for licensing of utv's in the state. How are they different than riding a motorcycle, when all equipment laws are adhered to?

·
Registered
22 Posts
But you'll shoot your eye out! Oh..wait..

Think I'll lobby my local senator for licensing of utv's in the state. How are they different than riding a motorcycle, when all equipment laws are adhered to?
I couldn't agree more! I'm willing to put turn signals and DOT tires on it. No problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts