Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda sad about this, only have 20 miles in so far and when I went to remove my hood today to install my light bar the very front nipple broke, it’s still attached but not enough to where it’s strong enough to press back in the rubber grommet.

Has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was surprised it broke so easily. I think this is only the third time I’ve removed it.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Use some apoxy to fix it. Before it breaks off. You have to pull up and not out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
One of mine broke, unfortunately it was lost. Has not caused any issue's for me. Glue it back on and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
I like the dab of lube idea in those grommets. I broke one off on my 17' and used epoxy to put it back on

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Funny mine just broke off. It was the front one. The other 4 should hold it just fine

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yep,,, folded mine the first time I re-installed the hood. It's still there, but useless as it's kinked/bent now. I'll try to use some epoxy to correct. Poor design,,,, should be connected the entire circumference like the other 4 IMO.

And this......

"And a dab of silicone grease makes it easy to remove and install."

Can't believe I didn't think of that. :mad:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the tips guys!

Yeah horrible design especially for a piece that’s supposed to be pulled on. But good to know it’s not just me haha

I put some epoxy on it, thanks for the suggestion, we’ll see how this holds up. While I was at it I went ahead and put a little around the bases of the other 4 points to hopefully help keep those from breaking in the future.

It’s probably dry now but I’m going to wait until tomorrow before I reinstall it. I hope it installs ok tomorrow!

Good idea on the grease, I’ll have to put a dab on to help.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, today went pretty well. I let it fully cure overnight and installed it today. Put a tiny dab of grease on them and they popped in smoothly but still feel secure. The front broken nipple now attached again too.

I feel much better, I hope it holds up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts