Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people on here have bent a maverick frame? And if so did the insurance company total it or put a new frame under it? The rear part of my frame is slightly bent. Doesn't appear to be any cage damage. It would need a frame, a wheel, a door, a roof, some plastic pieces, and possibly right rear control arms but I'm not 100% sure there is anything wrong with the arms. My insurance adjuster should be calling me today or tomorrow. Just curious as to what they will do with it. I was told by the claim agent that I can do the repairs myself. Anyone ever went this route and did you get paid for the labor fees doing it yourself?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've had two accidents in the last year where my frames were replaced by insurance; one on my Commander and one on my Maverick.

On the Commander, the frame itself was tweaked and the insurance company replaced it without question. On the Maverick, only the front right gusset was torn out. The dealer said they do not weld on the frame to repair anything; they consider it a safety issue. So they submitted the claim for a new frame and the insurance company cut the check without any questions that time, too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What am I looking for about glamisfan?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at his profile and I didn't see anything regarding my question. That's why I asked the question.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
He went end over end twice. Bent the mounting tabs for the a arms and other stuff. The insurance totaled it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks mearsman!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He went end over end twice. Bent the mounting tabs for the a arms and other stuff. The insurance totaled it

Just found the thread. His damage is much worse than mine. I think my cage is fine only a few scratches. I'm kinda hoping they won't total it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Three weeks ago I rolled mine ten times down a big dune sideways. At first it looked pretty good with broken right tie rod and right front outer cv, but after a close look the frame, like yours, was tweaked just a bit in back. The result was it was totaled and I just cashed out for $16,884 for my 2014 Xxc with no extras. I would be very reluctant to attempt to piece it together and then have confidence in it but others might feel different.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Total damage was about $6,000 on mine. they did not total it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good news! Are they gonna just replace the frame or?

Frame, wheel, control arms, some plastic, doors, roof, and windshield.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts