Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
A friend of mine has a "bone stock" "14 XP 1000 4 and it jars you as much as the X3 Max does, "in the chop". There isn't a huge difference there but when we get into whoops.......bye, bye. Every sxs I've ever owned was like this (3 were rzrs) and as many have said, all stock UTVs need re-valved in order to ride smooth over choppy terrain. I hate that myself and agree a $30k machine SHOULD ride better in the chop, but I'm just calling BS on that a stock '14 XP 1000 rides better than any X3, if it's tuned correctly. I know none of the several XP's I've driven did that. One of the harshest I drove was a '17 XP 4 Turbo actually (all stock with the compression on the softest setting). It was still a tooth jarrer in the choppy stuff. To me it seems that every sxs I've owned almost seems to be valved for dunes or soft terrain riding which is where the X3 shines stock, well that and deep whoops. I'm not pleased with the slower speed rocky, choppy suspension action though either. But I know this car wasn't really designed for that anyway. Mine's getting a complete re-spring/valve before the summer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Some are saying that removing the front sway bar all together will improve ride quality. Interesting. I guess I'll try that too.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,031 Posts
$20, 502 and I will come and pick it up

Sent from BLR Logistics
$ 20,503 and I will pick it up too.
What am I worrying about. I'm in Arizona, I'll get there before you guys, and possibly, I say possibly go as high as $21,505. 57. Ha!

·
Premium Member
11,031 Posts
I am out; too much for my blood. Plus if you are willing to pay that much for a brick - more power to you.
I've been know to be a ruthless entrepreneur!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
What am I worrying about. I'm in Arizona, I'll get there before you guys, and possibly, I say possibly go as high as $21,505. 57. Ha!
Well I happen to be in AZ for the next 5 weeks.. have Toyhauler will travel..
And I will go $21, 507.75

Sent from BLR Logistics

·
Official Site Vendor
7,704 Posts
I have had 'em all since the first 660 Rhino. With high hopes, I just plunked down the cash for a super sexy brand new X3 XRC. I absolutely love the package with all the skid plates, full doors, winch, cool blue accents, roof, bead locks etc, etc, etc. And you want to talk about blurry fast?! Wow! But I just took the thing for a shack down run down a choppy, chatter bump sand wash and I thought my teeth were going to fall out. I stopped and messed around with clickers several times and it helped some, but still WAY too rough.
I've seen the videos on the shock setting with the preload adjustments and that is my next move, but man, I hope it makes a huge difference. If not, give me back my RZR. I hate to spend this kind of money and then have to take it to a suspension shop. My understanding was, that with all this travel, these things rode like butter. Any real world feedback? Thanks.

I have Walker Velocity shocks on my X3. I had the same problem. Velocities cure it. I am a Walker dealer. 801 367 1395

·
Premium Member
11,031 Posts
Well I happen to be in AZ for the next 5 weeks.. have Toyhauler will travel..
And I will go $21, 507.75

Sent from BLR Logistics
Why I oughta!

$21,508! And to sweeten the pot, a slightly used belt.

Reactions: BLR

·
Premium Member
11,031 Posts
I made the recommended adjustments and plan on going for a comparison ride today, but it sounds like a trip to Shock Therapy is in my future.
Now that sounds better! Even after they set it up, you will still need to fine tune your clickers some.

·
Premium Member
8,526 Posts
I made the recommended adjustments and plan on going for a comparison ride today, but it sounds like a trip to Shock Therapy is in my future.
Its a necessary evil. What i Heard is Canam sets up the cars to resist rollovers at 25mph per some crazy safety rating. They change the Fox valving to accomplish this. Which in turn makes a shitty ride at slow speed.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts