Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to know if anybody used this before I know its jensen garbage but just want to basically use it as a remote. im going to run an external 5 or 4 channel amp and my ipod in the glove box with front 6.5 and the ssv sub box then put wake tower bar on rear and use 8 inch wake tower speakers. i dont care about the fm radio just want to put it in the factory spot since I have the garmin 650 gps next to it. trying to go for a clean look. I realize I can use the clarion remote with radio in the glove box but im trying to avoid that and just keep the amp in there. any thoughts?

jenms30rtl.jpg

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That kinda defeats what im trying to do. I want a clean look with the remote and have adjustability. What is that anyways. Lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
basically you plug that lil sucker into your AMP and you have no head unit. Can't get much cleaner than that. This way you can then stream your music from your phone or other device directly to your AMP...

Then get a RAM Mount for your Phone or Small Tablet and Have Music + GPS All in one...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Look at my post. I used a 400 watt amp and 4 Polk audio speakers and it kicks I mite add a sub later on

Sent from RODS IPHONE 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
110 Posts
Used a Rockford fosgate m-400 amp lots of kick in small package you can bridge it on the front 4 and run sub on rear

·
Registered
110 Posts
Got the JBL off Amazon. For $136. eBay has them for $139. It has USB input that's what I want to use also Bluetooth's well

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was looking at the jbl but i dont think it will fit in the dash adaptor. I think its to big. I liked the jbl one the best

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just put my Jensen garbage in haha! I think it sounds great for a stereo in the mav. Not top notch but good.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Most of the OEM Jensen garbage piles don't have bass or treble controls. That also means no fader, so there's no control over how loud the front or rear is, and you'll need that with speakers down low and tower speakers.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oops sorry man. Its not garbage buts its not on the higher end quality. Plus i want clarity and volume while driving. Not sure if the jensen system is loud enough at speed for me to hear it. What do you think of the jensen system? Whats it like when your driving?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most of the OEM Jensen garbage piles don't have bass or treble controls. That also means no fader, so there's no control over how loud the front or rear is, and you'll need that with speakers down low and tower speakers.
Thats why i was looking ar the ws-420 from wet sounds that is the ticket right there for that purpose

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah it doesn't have treb and bass adjustments which is weird. I was gonna buy the add on controller for it but after listening to it I think it's fine. Not Bose by any means but better than some stuff I've heard!

The main thing for me was that it was made for the mav so everything has a place and it looks factory. There isn't any cobbled "add ons" hanging around the interior :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just read the ms30 specs and it does has fader and balance controls. So i may try it if i dont like it ill sell it on fleabay or something and just run the wet sounds eq

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah it doesn't have treb and bass adjustments which is weird. I was gonna buy the add on controller for it but after listening to it I think it's fine. Not Bose by any means but better than some stuff I've heard!

The main thing for me was that it was made for the mav so everything has a place and it looks factory. There isn't any cobbled "add ons" hanging around the interior :)
If you think Bose sounds good, you need to look at something else. They're marketing schemes work.... I had a commander LTD that came with the crapsen, and it didn't have tone controls. You had to buy an extra module to get that. Also, the Jensen is only 7W per channel - MAX, which is the same with any head unit, no matter what brand. In the Commander or maverick, if you don't have an amp then you won't hear it over the idling engine.

I just read the ms30 specs and it does has fader and balance controls. So i may try it if i dont like it ill sell it on fleabay or something and just run the wet sounds eq
that one may, but see my comment above. You'll still need an amp with the WS-420, but with that, you'll have no problem hearing it at any speed.

90% of the posts on this forum about stereo's are from guys that want something "just good enough". I've done installs like that in my area, and all of those guys come back for more, and 9 times out of 10, have to spend more money. You don't have to go all out, but when you cheap out, you end up spending more money in the end.... Trust me, I see it all the time. And the "I don't want it too loud, I just wanna hear it while riding". That's not possible. Our machines are loud, and it takes amplifier power and a clean signal to overcome that noise.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you think Bose sounds good, you need to look at something else. They're marketing schemes work.... I had a commander LTD that came with the crapsen, and it didn't have tone controls. You had to buy an extra module to get that. Also, the Jensen is only 7W per channel - MAX, which is the same with any head unit, no matter what brand. In the Commander or maverick, if you don't have an amp then you won't hear it over the idling engine.

that one may, but see my comment above. You'll still need an amp with the WS-420, but with that, you'll have no problem hearing it at any speed.

90% of the posts on this forum about stereo's are from guys that want something "just good enough". I've done installs like that in my area, and all of those guys come back for more, and 9 times out of 10, have to spend more money. You don't have to go all out, but when you cheap out, you end up spending more money in the end.... Trust me, I see it all the time. And the "I don't want it too loud, I just wanna hear it while riding". That's not possible. Our machines are loud, and it takes amplifier power and a clean signal to overcome that noise.
Whatever bro. I used Bose as an analogy. I am happy with it but if you aren't that's your prerogative.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts