Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use it when the trail is tight and technical. Makes throttle control in low range slow speed stuff much smoother. Then it's back to Sport for blasting!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
only when I let my wife drive....I flip the switch and she has no idea :wink:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use it time to time when I'm waiting for my friends & there Popo :cool2: Anybody else use it?
It's really good on trails with a lot of whoops and your foot starts bouncing. Also when doing tight and slow technical trails.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
It's really good on trails with a lot of whoops and your foot starts bouncing. Also when doing tight and slow technical trails.
I agree use it on slow bumpy tight trails where you can't speed over the bumps it works great.

·
Registered
371 Posts
As much as I like the idea of using eco mode when my girlfriend drives to limit power. I think for the throttle delay is more dangerous then anything. The throttle never does what I want when I want it to.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Never used yet

·
Registered
206 Posts
As much as I like the idea of using eco mode when my girlfriend drives to limit power. I think for the throttle delay is more dangerous then anything. The throttle never does what I want when I want it to.
the throttle lag gets me too, I don't even know how ppl can drive Like that honestly?? Maybe it has something to do with my driving style I dunno?? I don't really try to maintain a constant speed, I'm on gas hard then off hard, burping throttle so to speak. Anyone else notice terrible lag or maybe something not quite right with machine??

·
Registered
371 Posts
the throttle lag gets me too, I don't even know how ppl can drive Like that honestly?? Maybe it has something to do with my driving style I dunno?? I don't really try to maintain a constant speed, I'm on gas hard then off hard, burping throttle so to speak. Anyone else notice terrible lag or maybe something not quite right with machine??
When in ECO mode mine seems to have a delay in applyin the throttle and letting off. I ordered a sport low overide but it hasn't got here yet due to the weather in the north east. So I've been stuck with eco mode in low range on the trails when in tight trails and i try to blip the thottle, by the time computer opens the throttle body my foot is already coming up and by the time the computer starts closing them my foot is all the way off the gas. Gives me a feeling like the throttle has hung open for a second, always feel like I'm going to run into something.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
When in ECO mode mine seems to have a delay in applyin the throttle and letting off. I ordered a sport low overide but it hasn't got here yet due to the weather in the north east. So I've been stuck with eco mode in low range on the trails when in tight trails and i try to blip the thottle, by the time computer opens the throttle body my foot is already coming up and by the time the computer starts closing them my foot is all the way off the gas. Gives me a feeling like the throttle has hung open for a second, always feel like I'm going to run into something.
Where do you get this sport low override thing ?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Where do you get this sport low override thing ?
do a search and type in "Sport Low" you will find a ton of information on the subject...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use Eco mode in heavy town traffic. It just holds the throttle back a little and stops the engine switching on, only to switch off again 2 seconds later keeping you in electric for longer. Allows for a more steady drive in traffic. Don't use it on a run as I find it too unresponsive.

Power is good for burning off the Chavs.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I use Eco mode in heavy town traffic. It just holds the throttle back a little and stops the engine switching on, only to switch off again 2 seconds later keeping you in electric for longer. Allows for a more steady drive in traffic. Don't use it on a run as I find it too unresponsive.

Power is good for burning off the Chavs.
Huh??? SMH.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts