Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have mav max and want to install air compressor, maybe beneath driver seat, any ideas or pics for what you have done?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I sell and install the Viair compressors that go with on-board air or train horns. I wouldn't install a compressor under the seat. Others may have done it, and it may be okay, but that point is pretty low and if the compressor goes under water or gets too much moisture in it, you'll have problems. I've seen a few compressors mounted to the side of the rear racks close to the rear fenders. There's a little room there, but a tank would have to go elsewhere.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Funny, I'm doing a compressor now, Just for pumping up tires. I'm mounting it on the drivers side up above the fuse box. It's one of those cheap no tank units so if it fails, no big deal. Leaving enough wire to walk it around the vehicle since the hose is rather short. I'll post pics later

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought the latest model has a compressor installed on it from the factory, i beleive it is under the driver seat.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
if you get one that you can modify the inlet and exhaust so that it is drawing/exhausting from up higher it might work......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I just carry a small one that plugs into the power outlet. Then you can access all 4 tires easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts