Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
500 Hp on a motor that produced 125 in aspirated configuration? I said in pump gas configuration because when you get into Alcohol and other types of fuels that is a different story. I have a vehicle that in aspirated form produced 265 stock inline 6 and after mods it was 330 with twin Turbos it was then it is 520 on the dyno. That is a six cylinder inline six motor. Now how someone is claiming 500 hp out of a twin cylinder AC motor, that I want to see on the dyno. If this was a 200 hp 1300cc inline 4 haybu motor with a turbo then we don't even have a conversation.

·
Registered
728 Posts
500 Hp on a motor that produced 125 in aspirated configuration? I said in pump gas configuration because when you get into Alcohol and other types of fuels that is a different story. I have a vehicle that in aspirated form produced 265 stock inline 6 and after mods it was 330 with twin Turbos it was then it is 520 on the dyno. That is a six cylinder inline six motor. Now how someone is claiming 500 hp out of a twin cylinder AC motor, that I want to see on the dyno. If this was a 200 hp 1300cc inline 4 haybu motor with a turbo then we don't even have a conversation.
Well yeah, I'm just saying tho. Stock block, no way. What motor are we talking here? RB26DETT? :)

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
Your not going to get 300+ hp out of this motor. The z1 is 125 hp twin at the crank in aspirated configuration which isn't much more than our rotax. You are not going to increase the power to nearly 200% with a turbo. I had a turbo r1 (inline 4 with base Hp of 195) and you don't get anywhere close to that increase over natural aspirated base HP with a Turbo on pump gas.

Beside why would you put a AC twin with the swap cost you would be much cheaper having a more powerful custom turbo on a rotax 1000cc twin built. Next thing you will tell me that the AC z1 Twin is more reliable than a rotax motor...lol

Do some research on the Z1 motor and you will see they can get reliable 280hp out of them. The Z1 motor is very reliable. There are other motors that are reliable besides the mighty rotax.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
Do some research on the Z1 motor and you will see they can get reliable 280hp out of them. The Z1 motor is very reliable. There are other motors that are reliable besides the mighty rotax.
Sandfart I know what people claim and I know from experience what is possible from on a twin cylinder 125 hp 11000cc motor. U produced a pump gas z1 motor with 300+ hp on pump gas fuel on a weller or pro shop dyno I will pay u 500.00 to the rear wheel. But I bet u that a turbo commander on a rotax motor will spank that ass

·
Registered
107 Posts
USA guy check out turbo dynamics there out of Quebec canada, they do tunes for z1 motors, and yes it's very easy to get 280 hp out of they beleave they have the sled record at dantech in New York at 304 hp. They are a very well known dyno in the sled industry

·
Registered
207 Posts
There's no way you can use that much horsepower efficiently in these cars

Wouldn't you like to spool up the turbos and lift the front end at will though? That apex Rzr is pretty awesome!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is there even a company that has a Mav out with a turbo running ? I've only seem a couple posts and it seem they had nothing but trouble.

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
Sandfart I know what people claim and I know from experience what is possible from on a twin cylinder 125 hp 11000cc motor. U produced a pump gas z1 motor with 300+ hp on pump gas fuel on a weller or pro shop dyno I will pay u 500.00 to the rear wheel. But I bet u that a turbo commander on a rotax motor will spank that ass
Lol! I tell you what we can do. I will take Biffles z1 wildcat or xp and you get whatever Maverick rotax combo you want. When you are beating the crap out of yourself in the short wheelbase in the whoops and rough terrian, I will be so far ahead of you while drinking coffee in the longer wheelbase and faster car.

Get your blinders off. The z1 motor has been around for a while and produces hp! On pump gas they produce good hp and that is why it is a great choice for swap.

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
There's no way you can use that much horsepower efficiently in these cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the dunes you can. Everywhere else it would be a handful. There is a guy racing a z1 wildcat, but i would think it is set on the stock boost.

The longer wheelbase of the wildcat and xp will make it more controllable.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Hp is one thing, you can have too much when duning and being able to overdrive the capabilities of your suspension. Sure you can revalve and respring and do other things. But for 99% of us that's not a realistic possibility. I'm not a multi-millionaire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
Very true. You are only as fast as the suspension with allow you.

In stock form the z1 would be a lot of fun.

Reactions: mearsman

·
Registered
791 Posts
Lol! I tell you what we can do. I will take Biffles z1 wildcat or xp and you get whatever Maverick rotax combo you want. When you are beating the crap out of yourself in the short wheelbase in the whoops and rough terrian, I will be so far ahead of you while drinking coffee in the longer wheelbase and faster car.

Get your blinders off. The z1 motor has been around for a while and produces hp! On pump gas they produce good hp and that is why it is a great choice for swap.
I suspect it not be around much longer as it is built by Suzuki for Arctic sleds and that relationship is set to end this year.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I still have a Turbo Rotax SxS sitting in my Garage and its a fun toy and makes around 120HP to the Ground out of the Rotax 840. its been very reliable. But Duning the Turbo is a different kind of Ride like when your doing a transition from the Bottom of a nasty G out and you stand on the Gas it comes on Hard and throws sand and pulls hard to the next Turn where you find yourself standing on the Brakes then Back on the Gas so it almost wears you out cause you gotta really drive it. Like duning a 1200hp sand car would be a challenge I think a Sand car with less HP would be faster in the dunes with less effort to drive it.
Having a SXS with a naturally aspirated 100HP to the ground would be just about perfect.

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
I suspect it not be around much longer as it is built by Suzuki for Arctic sleds and that relationship is set to end this year.
Suzuki will still make the motor.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Usaguy, i have a arctic cat xf1100 turbo, with a tune 240 to damn close to 300hp all day with a flick of a switch. Thats bone stock motor and clutching. these suzuki motors are way underpowered out of the factory. My bud has a 280 tune on his and he runs it all day. Its a frickin beast. Thats on pump gas to.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Stock there running only 6psi of boost you can tune up double that.

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
They are impressive motors.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts