Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Why turbo it? You guys already said the stock Maverick beats the XP1000.:question:

If you are going to swap motors the Z1 would be the ticket. You keep 4wd.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Why turbo it? You guys already said the stock Maverick beats the XP1000.:question:

If you are going to swap motors the Z1 would be the ticket. You keep 4wd.
Second this... The Z1 engine makes 177hp (1056cc) and is already setup for forced induction. You'd be shitting on everyone with that swap. And its SUPER reliable unlike most aftermarket forced induction kits. You can pick up an engine for like ~$5k, which is about the same price as a turbo kit itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
If you have the money you can send your ride to Pace Offroad for the swap. Although right now they just do the swap on the XP1000 and Wildcat. Pace Offroad is owned by Greg Biffle.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Just send ur mav to kelly at kmsperformance and do a custom turbo on ur Mav...smoke the z1 and keep it rotax reliable. .lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have been kicking around the idea of buying another Maverick for a engine swap. I want to slam it down and put slicks on it. Go drag racing.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Just send ur mav to kelly at kmsperformance and do a custom turbo on ur Mav...smoke the z1 and keep it rotax reliable. .lol
You do know that Z1 is capable of over 300hp and it is super reliable.

But a turbo rotax would be fun.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been kicking around the idea of buying another Maverick for a engine swap. I want to slam it down and put slicks on it. Go drag racing.
i see ur in alabama. There used to be some guys brought a turbo busa cart to steele dragstrip. Traction challenged!

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
I've still got a boner from that video. Been looking All over the net for info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go to the wildcat forum. Buffer is on there and there are other videos of cars with the swap.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts

Your not going to get 300+ hp out of this motor. The z1 is 125 hp twin at the crank in aspirated configuration which isn't much more than our rotax. You are not going to increase the power to nearly 200% with a turbo. I had a turbo r1 (inline 4 with base Hp of 195) and you don't get anywhere close to that increase over natural aspirated base HP with a Turbo on pump gas.

Beside why would you put a AC twin with the swap cost you would be much cheaper having a more powerful custom turbo on a rotax 1000cc twin built. Next thing you will tell me that the AC z1 Twin is more reliable than a rotax motor...lol

·
Registered
728 Posts

Your not going to get 300+ hp out of this motor. The z1 is 125 hp twin at the crank in aspirated configuration which isn't much more than our rotax. You are not going to increase the power to nearly 200% with a turbo. I had a turbo r1 (inline 4 with base Hp of 195) and you don't get anywhere close to that increase over natural aspirated base HP with a Turbo on pump gas.

Beside why would you put a AC twin with the swap cost you would be much cheaper having a more powerful custom turbo on a rotax 1000cc twin built. Next thing you will tell me that the AC z1 Twin is more reliable than a rotax motor...lol

I've seen guys make 500 horse with this engine... It's obviously nowhere near stock since its been bored and stroked and but it can be done... This is proof from Queen Racing in Lake Havasu City. Increase displacement, run significantly higher boost with an extremely oversized turbo, pair with race fuel, the right internals and creative tuning, and it is definitely possible. At median boost ~25psi, they are generating well over 300 horse at the wheels. Apparently on the dyno they've generated over 500 horse @ 40 pounds of boost.

On a side note, OneStopPerformance claims they can generate 700 horse from the Yamaha Apex engine but that's a 4 banger... Yikes!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts