Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Any1 DRAG AN XP?

5K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
Hey was wondering if anyone drag raced a rzr xp 900 yet on black top???? and what were the results? easy race? close race? lost?

#2 ·
Not on black top, but I did race one in the sand. Mine was bone stock, 1st trip out. We raced about 300 ft and switched lanes each time to make sure it was fair. First time he jumped the start by about a car length and I beat him by about a car length. The next 3 times with an even start the Maverick was 2+ car lengths ahead and pulling away. Stock XP's are no longer a problem to beat.

#4 ·
Just like I said , it pulls away from the XP's

#6 ·
drag race on tarmac? is that where you ride lol

sadly the Mav isnt the powerhouse we all think it is, i have both a 2013 walker evans XP900 piloted by my wife a long time UTV racer and ex companionship winner and a 2013 Mav X-RS piloted by my fat arse and in the trails or on the short track you can hardly split them and as usual it all comes down to driver skill and who is willing to take the bigger risks, i like sliding thru corners in the woods and it gets tight and my wifes not so keen on that, she on the other hand likes doing longer higher jumps than i do (im the one who has to fix this shit when it breaks) so tend to get away on those sections in the trails and its the same thing on the short track she will "do the double" and i wont and on one of the fast entry fast exit up hill LEFT hander Im sideways before i even get there and she isnt so i catch her up a lot there

basically i'm sure mine is probly faster on the drag strip but i don't go there nor does she so its irrelevant to us and in the thick of the trails they are neck and neck all the time

#8 · (Edited)
shes the better driver lol

right now i prefer the way the XP drives but that might have more to do with the fact I'm more familiar with them and it has EPS (i just added EPS to my Mav tho) but i like the way the Mav spits out its power more, not the more power just the way it delivers it everywhere, there are things i like more about the Mav and things i like more about the XP but once we get them sorted and fix the things we dont like i do honestly think the Mav will be the better machine.....

my wife of course will argue that lol

for the record we have Can Am and Polaris brands here

#9 ·
I ve raced five 900's and the closest one was 1 1/2 car lengths. That was stock on 300 foot dirt track. With the QSC clutch its 2 1/2 lengths. I feel on pavement the mav will do even better because I think it spins worse on dirt than the 900.

#10 ·
the 900 xp loses all around!! I have a friend that was dead set on buying the 900 xp and I got the Mav xrs 2 days after! I pull him even with a passenger in the seat next to me! We race on asphault, gravel sand and mudd! More Suspension better ride better egronomics higher top end speed (not buy Much ). I personall can't get out of his XP easily or hanging up my feet on something!

#13 · (Edited)
I raced my uncle's XP4 in the dunes on the flats. I had about 150 more pounds in my Mav, so I figure both machines were pretty close to the same weight. Xp had front smoothies and 7 paddle scat extremes. My Mav had front smoothies and 12 paddle staggered gliders.

I beat him by about 3 lengths. Have a little video clip, just can't figure out how to post it.

#14 ·
See if this link works.

#15 ·
Brought my new XRS home yesterday rode it around the yard a few times then raced a XP. Needless to say I'm taking this piece of shit back and getting either my XP back or a new XP. I love the fit and finish of the maverick but that's about it. My wife and I have to yell back and forth at 50 mph and I personally think its bull shit I spent 20 k on it and the clutch is inevitably going to blow up. It turns over slow too. Very disappointed

#16 · (Edited)
LMAO. Wow those are good reasons... You THINK the clutch will blow up and its too loud... Did u not test ride it or do any research before you spent 20k. How are u VERY disappointed after u raced a XP with what sounds like 2 miles on ur new mav.. Sounds like ur just an all around hater... Give good reasons because everyone on here knows there are a few issues... And good luck taking Ur USED mav back... Next time u spend 20 K dont just go off impulsive buying ...

#23 ·
The clutch and starter thing has gotten blown way way out of proportion. Most of us have had ZERO issues at all.

#24 ·
I have to agree with the dude taking his Mav back because my buddy who owns an XP hates my mav because he says that when he rides in it hurts his face muscles too much from all the smiling he does. says his XP doesn't have the same effect on him so he's not use to using those muscles. This scares me a lot. What if I fall victim to the same condition when I'm driving my Mav? Will I have to give up my depression medication after driving my Mav? Will I have to stop using my shrink? Will my wife divorce me for not being the same miserable man she married? why take the chance? I should probably take my Mav back too and get something inferior so that I can make sure I don't change by geting too happy and excited in life.

#25 ·
A Xp is a pile of thin Chinese metal scrap crap !

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

#28 ·
Yea the mav has some issues but so did my commander and so does the 900xp. I ride with five friends with xp's all less than six months old. one would not run over 20 mph ( bad fuel pump). Another went to missing on the second ride ( it had burned the tips off the spark plugs) and another the engine smokes like a train and the trans/rear diff leaks.If you go to the rzr forums its one problem after another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.