Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Im still confused about why others have a problem with how fast a motor is supposed to turn over when its starting, does it matter what speed the starter motor spins it over as long as it starts? its fkn hilarious really

·
Registered
32 Posts
Brought my new XRS home yesterday rode it around the yard a few times then raced a XP. Needless to say I'm taking this piece of shit back and getting either my XP back or a new XP. I love the fit and finish of the maverick but that's about it. My wife and I have to yell back and forth at 50 mph and I personally think its bull shit I spent 20 k on it and the clutch is inevitably going to blow up. It turns over slow too. Very disappointed
What a tool! Dude if you wanna hijack this thread, brew up a more believable story. Today I out jumped, out climbed and out dragged 3 XP's. i still think the XP is great, it set the benchmark, but it has been knocked off the trone....accept it. LOL.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The clutch and starter thing has gotten blown way way out of proportion. Most of us have had ZERO issues at all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have to agree with the dude taking his Mav back because my buddy who owns an XP hates my mav because he says that when he rides in it hurts his face muscles too much from all the smiling he does. says his XP doesn't have the same effect on him so he's not use to using those muscles. This scares me a lot. What if I fall victim to the same condition when I'm driving my Mav? Will I have to give up my depression medication after driving my Mav? Will I have to stop using my shrink? Will my wife divorce me for not being the same miserable man she married? why take the chance? I should probably take my Mav back too and get something inferior so that I can make sure I don't change by geting too happy and excited in life.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
A Xp is a pile of thin Chinese metal scrap crap !

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
81 Posts
Brought my new XRS home yesterday rode it around the yard a few times then raced a XP. Needless to say I'm taking this piece of shit back and getting either my XP back or a new XP. I love the fit and finish of the maverick but that's about it. My wife and I have to yell back and forth at 50 mph and I personally think its bull shit I spent 20 k on it and the clutch is inevitably going to blow up. It turns over slow too. Very disappointed
I call BULLSHIT on the fact you have to yell at 50 to your wife on XRS, you would have to yell regardless of what you are drive if it is completely open, especially the way you are suppose to ride with a helmet!! WHo cares how slow it spins over At least it starts by button , and you don't have to kick start it

·
Registered
170 Posts
For the record I call bullshit. But if not, exactly how fast do you have to go before you can't hear a word your wife says? Please tell me and I will dial this in on the GPS as "the speed of marital bliss!".
Good luck with your tin can :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yea the mav has some issues but so did my commander and so does the 900xp. I ride with five friends with xp's all less than six months old. one would not run over 20 mph ( bad fuel pump). Another went to missing on the second ride ( it had burned the tips off the spark plugs) and another the engine smokes like a train and the trans/rear diff leaks.If you go to the rzr forums its one problem after another.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea the mav has some issues but so did my commander and so does the 900xp. I ride with five friends with xp's all less than six months old. one would not run over 20 mph ( bad fuel pump). Another went to missing on the second ride ( it had burned the tips off the spark plugs) and another the engine smokes like a train and the trans/rear diff leaks.If you go to the rzr forums its one problem after another.
Agreed, last weekend we had an RZR constantly overheating.......

21 - 29 of 29 Posts