Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Any suggestions on rear window net style?

13K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  maxdun 
#1 ·
I've noticed two different types of rear window nets one being a finer mesh and one being a larger, I'm assuming both stop the whirlwind effect from in the cab. But does one prevent more dust than the other or are they just about the same?

#2 ·
The mesh is better at stoping dust and wind. Also is a great shade.

#7 ·
X2^^

#6 ·
I'd say the wind screen is for style and function. Just think it is better but that's me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
A friend of mine has the clear plastic screen and I agree it def serves it's purpose the best, however is still like to have the pass through wind furring travel if you will and I'm feeling like the clear plastic screen prevents that. Trying to find the best of both worlds.

#9 ·
A lot of it depends on whether you have a full windshield or not. If you don't and don't plan on getting one to can run either net style your choice. But if you are going to run a full windshield with a roof then to stop the dust from coming in cab you will need a clear plastic window or I would go with the mesh screen not the net.

#19 ·
X2

No need for rear window if you have half windshield. I have rear mesh with have windshield and have no issues with dust.

#11 ·
Half windshield you will be ok I think it's only when you run the full one that you get a vortex and it sucks the dust in from the back. I never ran a half windshield always a full one so I use the clear plastic window in rear to keep from eating a lot of dust.

#14 ·
I have the half windshield, roof, doors, and the mesh style rear wind screen. Pretty comfotable in the cab and I haven't noticed dust swirling in yet but it hasn't been bone dry either. It does a good job of stopping chunks of mud flying off the back tires, thou.

#15 ·
strictly for the looks, I like the cargo net....it will help with the sun as well....but I don't run a windshield ever and only a soft top when the sun is to intense.....the black seat get hot especially when wearing shorts!

#17 ·
Im sure it would. I have the clear plastic window with harnesses. I just slotted them. Worked perfect.

#18 ·
Dragging up an old thread. Cholber1 do you have a picture of how this is holding up? I need a rear window, like the clear can-am the best but unsure of the durability.

#20 ·
A have the large net and love it.....it blocks a lot of the sun and keep the cab cooler but still lets air circulate to keep it cool. If I run it with a half windshield, I get little air flow thru the cab unless i am going over 45mph.......

#21 ·
I put the cargo net on and a lot off mud/sand came through it. I was at a home store and saw this screen door material made out of nylon and bought some. I used some small wire ties and covered my cargo net with the screen, it was black and the net very fine-you can't hardly see it but it lets air flow and keeps every thing out. I also have 1/2 windshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.