Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to drive up from Vegas this weekend and find some cool weather to ride in. Looking for some good riding places in the St George to Cedar City areas (might stay the night). Been to Duck Creek village a lot but looking for other areas to get out of the heat. Any suggestions? I have Gaia if someone has some tracks for me.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Instead of going to Utah you can drive down to the William's area of Arizona. I'm not sure which part of Vegas you're in, but its about a 3hr drive from where I live in Henderson. Comparable to cedar city.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in North Vegas but I will have to look into that as well... just want something different and not too hot. Thanks

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Heading out west early next week for a wedding in Park City UT, any good riding around there? Moab is showing high 90’s, anywhere with some elevation and cooler temps? Will be there over a week so I have some flexibility. Not bringing my X3, so I’ll need to rent.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I went for a ride this afternoon, 117°. Wouldn't you know it, my A/C must be broke. Might be the switch, or I'm out of cooker fluid.
Like riding thru a blast furnace. Just needed so desert therapy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Wait I thought your ride was a toy car that you just add and remove parts from! I did not know you actually drive it�� tell me it was longer than a 2 mile ride.
Some day I'll see ya on a ride.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Off topic-

Way back in the late 80’s I would toss the 85 250r 3wheeler in the truck and head out to Ocotillo wells and run blowsand for a few hours on a Friday night! It was a blast and also kinda weird being the only one out there...

i just had to get my fix!

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Wait I thought your ride was a toy car that you just add and remove parts from! I did not know you actually drive it�� tell me it was longer than a 2 mile ride.
Some day I'll see ya on a ride.
Ya, it's a Matchbox car. Hard to get in / out of. I have 2 tracks right off my property line, a 4.5 mile one and a 7.3 mile track. Ran both a couple times. Plus 100 of miles of BLM land accessible less than 2 miles west of me. Don't need to trailer my car to go for a ride.

It's going back into the shop Monday for some more goodies, then I'll be up at the AZOP St. John's races next weekend. We'll hook up one of these days. Owning a business that works 45+ weekends (24 hours a day most weekends) a year doesn't help my availability to hang out with my 9 to 5 job haver friends. I'm still planning on that Grand Canyon ride

Still disappointed the A/C doesn't work. Can't even find the switch (and yes, I did a Search and own a manual)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wanting to drive up from Vegas this weekend and find some cool weather to ride in. Looking for some good riding places in the St George to Cedar City areas (might stay the night). Been to Duck Creek village a lot but looking for other areas to get out of the heat. Any suggestions? I have Gaia if someone has some tracks for me.
I also use gaia and have lots of routes from Duck Creek to Escalante and north to Mt Pleasant. Lot's of great loops, but they all start past Cedar. But anything out of the heat in southern Utah is going to be north and east of Cedar. PM me if you have interest and I can send you gps routes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Blue Ridge Reservoir area trip Sunday morning for me.
Bah, FR95 was closed this weekend when I got there. So we hit a couple of the other lakes off FR300. We went from Strawberry to Heber Overgaard and back for a nice full day worth of riding.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Bah, FR95 was closed this weekend when I got there. So we hit a couple of the other lakes off FR300. We went from Strawberry to Heber Overgaard and back for a nice full day worth of riding.
I was wondering if you would find it closed as I was up there the previous weekend on fr300 and noticed some trails to the north were closed. We had great weather with some light showers temps in the 60's
20190810_165100.jpg 20190810_153312.jpg 20190810_152225.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Good God man, I'm glad you survived. Don't spend too much time in the hot tub, or risk raisin skin.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Good God man, I'm glad you survived. Don't spend too much time in the hot tub, or risk raisin skin.

Have we all turned into desert rats? Can't handle anything under 70 degrees. huh! :haha:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Have we all turned into desert rats? Can't handle anything under 70 degrees. huh! :haha:
I'm afraid so. I was is the 1st one to joke on people when they started putting on sweat shirts and long sleeve shirts when I got into the 60's when I 1st moved west from Chicago in the mid '80's.
Now apparently I'm a desert rat. I'm okay with that. 78° is perfection for me. The wife keeps setting the thermostat at 70°, but she's going through the "fire flash" stages. I just dress warmer in the house when she's "burning up".

1 - 20 of 33 Posts