Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond. It is helping to put my mind at ease. I think I will get a belt to have on hand for the first few times out. Is it possible to change the belt without removing the primary? What would I need to have on hand or in the glove box to get this done in the field?
Keep the replies coming if you have had troble free miles on a stock machine.
The bottom line is you bought it, you own it , so drive it like you stole it!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The bottom line is you bought it, you own it , so drive it like you stole it!
LOL, that is some good advice. I bought the thing for my wife to drive my daughter around the dunes while following my boy and I on the bike and quad. She most likely won't drive it like it is stolen.
When I take the wheel of the thing though, it will get abused!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
There are people working on a reflash of the ECU,but it is apparently very difficult.
Did they ever crack the Commander ECU? I know a couple years into the Commander and they still didn't have it cracked.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Did they ever crack the Commander ECU? I know a couple years into the Commander and they still didn't have it cracked.
No but I dont think they, Benchmark ever tried to reflash the Commander. I know they have a shop Maverick and Chris posted he was going to be working on it. But honestly not sure how much time he will devote to it. He's a small shop but maybe he has someone else working on it. dont know for sure. He has reflashed other brand's ECU tho.

·
Registered
707 Posts
If people can hack Sony and all these other large corporations and government agencies, surely someone can hack a ECU on a SXS. Just saying

41 - 46 of 46 Posts