Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
If the price I've seen thrown around is for real, $16,5 to $18, No Way, No How it being Turbo'd for that kind of money ................ Nope

·
Registered
62 Posts
They have superchargers on the sea doos, and I think they are even closed loop cooling (doesn't use lake water) so it wouldn't be impossible to use a toned down one in a utv some day. That being said I would be absolutely shocked if they released a forced induction anytime in the next five years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope to see a Turbo Maverick! I ride at 7000-11000 ft altitude mostly and a turbo would be awesome. If I were head of product development it would not only have a turbo, but electronically controlled locking center and rear differentials as well. That's what I've been wanting ever since I bought my first SXS years ago.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've heard from an unreliable source that the 2015 Maverick will sport a lower compression supercharged motor......I'll be ready to trade mine in if this is true.

·
Registered
449 Posts
They can't keep the clutch on the crankshaft now, I can't imagine what it would be like 30-40% more HP. You would have to wear a flak jacket. I see the turbo crowd coming out of the woodwork over here. I suspect you could run an MCX if you dropped the compression. I would much rather see a 1300-1500cc powerplant with more suspension.

·
Registered
317 Posts
They can't keep the clutch on the crankshaft now, I can't imagine what it would be like 30-40% more HP. You would have to wear a flak jacket. I see the turbo crowd coming out of the woodwork over here. I suspect you could run an MCX if you dropped the compression. I would much rather see a 1300-1500cc powerplant with more suspension.
I have heard that the SXS world will not see anything over 1000cc's for the time being.

·
Registered
449 Posts
This is what I've heard as well.
The 1st major manufacturer over a 1000cc's will own the market. We live in a world where bigger is better. The reason everyone bought the Mav was the HP and the only way to get those numbers are compression, forced induction or displacement. The Mav is at 12 to 1 to turbo it you would have to back the compression up to 9 to 1 and run about 8-9 lbs of boost and add what 4k (I am probably understating the price impact) to the cost? I think it is far more likely you will see the Rotax 4Tec 1200 in a utv in the near future. It really is the only path forward currently for BRP amd I am actually kind of suprised they haven't already done this. They get the volume up on a power plant that they share with the sled guys.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
This was due to California regulations from what I remember. I can't remember where I read it or if it was even true for that matter but it made sense otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.
We'll see what Poolaris does this upcoming winter and that will probably tell us a lot.
I do agree however that the trend is leading to a 1000+ cc engine, I just don't know if it can happen. Prices will go way up and there probably wont be a UTV under 22k if that happens. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Dont they have turbos on their top sea doos ?
No. I had 2 RXP's one an '05, and the other an '06. Both were 1494 cc supercharged @ 215 HP. They hauled ass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts