Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yup any auto parts store , but chances are they will need to order it . By the time I did both of my head pipes I used 70' of wrap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok. I will get some and wrap before my first ride when it's clean.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
It's on very thick lol . But I was having lots of fire trouble . Now as long as I clean the skids and don't let it build up I'm ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did a 3 hour ride Saturday on desert trails, put it on the trailer, drove an hour home and pulled it off the trailer and as I was pulling in the garage acrid smelling smoke wafted out of the hood and hood vents. Shut it off and grabbed extinguisher but no flames. Re started it and nothing. Scared me! Likely a piece of vegetation on the header...Don't know.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Anyone know of a fire from the back end around the exhaust pipes between the fire wall and the exhaust cans? Mine started a fire there yesterday and burnt the plastic and the rack above the exhaust right behind the middle of the seats. Was able to put it out with a couple bottles of water but dang near burnt to ground without that water. There was no debris anywhere that could have caught fire. It was clean as can be but the pipes were hot orange/red. Anyone hear of this? I have a 15 Mav XDS NA

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Caution,do not wrap the first 8" off the head if you have a turbo. There has been a few that have the pipe brake in that area. Especially
If you sometimes run at the dunes and have a flash. The front pipe cost over $400.00. shoe

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
For those of us who ride in wet conditions wouldn't the wrap trap moisture and cause the pipe to rust out??
Your absolutely right but - $$ ceramic coated would be a better choice although costly and it's hard to find someone that does it. I wrapped my last mav and it desinagrated rather quickly. (Volcanic header wrap) My 16 mav I just did troys council cover and I think that works better anyways. Take the cover off in the winter and it's warmer in there.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts