Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Question here glamis, since brp knows about the clutch problems and he's out of warranty, would they still fix it or not?
I don't know, but I'm sure we'll find out in the next month or three! Anybody that has this problem needs to be sure and file a complaint with BRP. They will go to extra mile for you. And reminder, only the original six month warranty covers the CVT system. I've been told that no aftermarket extended warranty or even the BRP extended warranty covers the CVT system.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Where exactly would you file a complaint? BRP customer service has a thing to fill out I see. Not sure If that is what you mean?
That's the one. Google BRP. Click on the first one (BRP). At the top of the page click on customer service. Fill it out. I clicked on "Complaint" after clicking on subject.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
When I hear these kind of clutch horror stories, it makes me think the new clutch setup should be the first off season upgrade. I have heard they don't cover the clutch because its a wear item.???? How can it wear if it can't stay together?
I keep telling people that once your six month warranty is up you're on your own if they CVT system comes apart. When the bolt broke on mine, it also took out the secondary when pieces of metal hit it. And I did not have the cover on it, otherwise it takes that out too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts