Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it happened to me, less than 600 miles at the bottom of a sand dune bowl miles from civilization. I had paddles on running real good, let off for dip and then floored it to go up, huge pop, I knew what it was. The fact that it had great traction and a good load on it did the POS slip clutch idea clutch in. Not very happy. Primary trashed, cover trashed.

Anyone know about the 14' clutch? I wish they would make it so it doesn't slip, seems like a stupid idea obviously.

Perfect machine except the clutch and a bit off on the shock valving.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Question here glamis, since brp knows about the clutch problems and he's out of warranty, would they still fix it or not?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Question here glamis, since brp knows about the clutch problems and he's out of warranty, would they still fix it or not?
I don't know, but I'm sure we'll find out in the next month or three! Anybody that has this problem needs to be sure and file a complaint with BRP. They will go to extra mile for you. And reminder, only the original six month warranty covers the CVT system. I've been told that no aftermarket extended warranty or even the BRP extended warranty covers the CVT system.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
When I hear these kind of clutch horror stories, it makes me think the new clutch setup should be the first off season upgrade. I have heard they don't cover the clutch because its a wear item.???? How can it wear if it can't stay together?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where exactly would you file a complaint? BRP customer service has a thing to fill out I see. Not sure If that is what you mean?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Where exactly would you file a complaint? BRP customer service has a thing to fill out I see. Not sure If that is what you mean?
That's the one. Google BRP. Click on the first one (BRP). At the top of the page click on customer service. Fill it out. I clicked on "Complaint" after clicking on subject.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
When I hear these kind of clutch horror stories, it makes me think the new clutch setup should be the first off season upgrade. I have heard they don't cover the clutch because its a wear item.???? How can it wear if it can't stay together?
I keep telling people that once your six month warranty is up you're on your own if they CVT system comes apart. When the bolt broke on mine, it also took out the secondary when pieces of metal hit it. And I did not have the cover on it, otherwise it takes that out too.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So you got your factory parts replaced then bought the CVTech primary?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know it's been talked about a lot, but it is discouraging this happens.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
1st maverick was sold dec 19th I think ,

so the first round of mavericks will be running out here soon June 19th , mine expires 7-8-13

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Replacing the primary bolt with the air dam bolt is cheap and will keep you enjoying you machine.
What he said^^^^^^^^^. I replaced both bolts (primary and secondary) befor mine had the chance to self-destruct. Something about the BRP bandaid just didn't sit well with me. Then I went to a CVTech primary. Problem solved. Had a few issues getting it dialed in, but I did have the peace of mind knowing it wasn't going to instantaniously disassemble itself out in the dunes somewhere.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Do you still need the upgrades bolts with the CVTech orQSC primaries?

·
Registered
998 Posts
when using the airdam bolt should I use the slipper washers or just throw the bolt on there and torque it down

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I used the AIRDAM bolts with the CVTech. I would not put the POS stepped down BRP bolt in. I used the single washer my Mav came with on the stock primary.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Air dam says to use the new slippery washers if u can with his arp bolts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Thanks benzo, I'll be putting my bolt on that'll be replacing my stock one with 1500 miles on it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts