Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The reason I expected it was because I had been wide open throttle for 4-5 miles straight with no break. When I stopped I did not let it idle, fired it up and wide open throttle again. This was in soft sand running 4x4. Perfect condition to build a lot of belt heat.

Yes the Rzr drove home and did not blow a belt. He was not wide open for near the distance, once he was passed right off the bat he let off and cruised since there was no point in pushing it/wasn't going to catch us. Us being two mavericks. The reason for the extended race was between two mavericks.

I am a previous Rzr owner and have blown 3 belts on my xp all due to the same condition- wide open throttle in a heavy load such as snow or sand for too long.

Good point though tx. I'm sure u were there to know what was going on.
I would highly recommend you get a CVT temp gauge. The cost of one blown belt is more than the entire gauge setup from ALBA Racing….contact AlbaNate if you are interested…..here is a picture of mine installed….

Text Diagram Auto part
Text Line Illustration Technical drawing Black-and-white

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would highly recommend you get a CVT temp gauge. The cost of one blown belt is more than the entire gauge setup from ALBA Racing….contact AlbaNate if you are interested…..here is a picture of mine installed….

View attachment 4277 View attachment 4278
Thanks... I actually ordered one today along with the STM cvt blower. The intent of my original post was not to bash the maverick but actually say that it is good, I have rode this thing in a lot of conditions and am so far impressed with it. There are a lot of negative posts on here about belts and clutches, enough that not being an owner and just reading forums one like myself might think all these machines have problems. Now that I have one myself I think it is holding together far better than I expected. Again I have owned rzr's and think I would blown a rzr belt in the same situation. I am not complaining.

I did order the gauge so next time I will have a heads up, I had a gut feeling I was cooking that belt but kept pushing it anyway. Lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea......forums tend to highlight the issues but don't really put it into perspective as to how widespread the issue may or may not be. But it's nature of the beast to read about the issues reported and start to worry about them......it is good preventative maintenance in my opinion.....

101 - 104 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.