Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

another noob

803 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Ice Can-Am 
#1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself to the crowd. Ive been lurking for a week or 2 now. I currently am in the market for a SxS and honestly was leaning to the XP900 4seater (2 little girls want to have fun also). I was hell bent on the walker evans after test driving it but then came the rzr 1k, ok mind is swaying now toward a xp1k 2 seater but the poor daughters will be left out again... Then polaris releases the xp1k x4.. While waiting on the units to arrive at the dealer I happen to pass by the local can am dealer and see these cool red white and black monsters outfront, interesting enough to make a u-turn and go have a closer look.. After climbing all over one of the new xrs max's im sold, now I just have to convince the wife.. I just "happen" to drive by and she sees them and says "did you see those?". Those what? she slaps me to turn around and go look.... YES!!! It worked. So after the kids Christmas is taken care of we are purchasing our Christmas gift! Not having seen/driven the XP1k 4 and only comparing the MAX to the xp900 I feel confident in the quality/fit & finish being superior to the rzr. And to top it off the price is better...

I look forward to learning from those in the know and possibly meeting up with others for a little group riding.

#2 ·
Haha...nice story and wise choice. You will not regret it at all. Keep reading here n the forum. There is tons of invaluable information all in one place.

#3 ·
Welcome to the Mav Forum. I see your not only a smart consumer but a clever one as well. Its funny how easy you can get what you want when you let the women think it was there idea. When considering the fit & finish quality, the decsion to get the Can-am is a no brainer.

#4 ·
LOL, DD said it...Ya gotta be devious when it comes to women. If you get them to think it was thier idea to start with...your in. Good luck on getting your Max.

#5 ·
Thanks guys. Ive been searching the forum digging for as much info as I can. I'm trying to absorb as much info as possible about the known issues and free(ish) mods. I'm excited to get the sickness started. I currently race atvs cross country in several local series and could really see myself hauling my gear around in style rather than packing as much as possible onto my quads nerf bar and making 4/5 trips to and from the pits. Now maybe I can con the wife into helping me at the races..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.