Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, I have this same noise. I am definitely not a mechanic and I am wondering where this set screw is supposed to go in the drive line.. I have a bench seat in the back which is a complete pain in the butt to install/remove. Question is do you know if they have to access from the panels behind the rear seats or can they get to it from underneath. TIA

2021 Sport Max

·
Registered
31 Posts
You have to remove the skid plates from underneath. That is the worst part of the whole job, like 50 rivets to drill out. You have to drill the front and rear slip joint and then tap the holes for the set screw.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just an FYI, I was able to reach the driveline from the engine bay area (reaching around the belt housing I could just grab it). Wiggling it back and forth, I was able to reproduce the tinny/rattle sound that confirmed to me it was in fact the driveline and not something else. I honestly had though it was something else because the sound just doesn't match what I imagined a driveline to make. Jokes on me I guess.

Also, the sound is wayyy worse when in 2wd. Not necessarily louder but over a much larger RPM range.

Last thing I've started to notice but not quite sure what to make of yet. At certain low speeds (and seems exaggerated when turning sharp), there's sometimes a sort of rumble/rub sound and feel from the front and a slight bind or pulling feeling (like just a bit of extra resistance). Almost sounds and feels like when you have tire rub on a fender when turning too sharp (I'm on stock tires by the way). Or maybe even a bad ujoint? It's not common and the rumble feel is more pronounced from passenger seat floorboard area. So it's much harder to trace down. The first time I felt it, I actually thought something was wrapped around the tire (branch or something). Enough so, I got out and checked my wheel wells. Is this perhaps a normal artifact of visco lock differentials?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Everything you described my 19 max does the same. Im going to pull the skid and tap each end. Cant take it anymore. I have a yoshi slip on and can still hear it over the exhaust tone.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts