Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Another Minnesota Maverick

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  maverickxrs 
#1 ·
I just picked up a base model maverick. Im selling my xp 900 in the next few weeks. I bought windshield, roof, stereo, winch, winch mount, diamond plate box, and some interior marine switches. Looking to get doors in the near future when my bank account recovers. My name is mike, I live in andover MN 763-257-9229

I ride at nemadji state forest almost every weekend with some other UTVs. If anyone is intersted in joining shoot me a text.

#2 ·
Welcome to the site. What made you switch from the XP?

#5 ·
My brother in law bent the frame on the xp after hitting a tree at low speed, and I burned out a radiator fan after going through some thick mud, then the motor blew after a rod bearing overheated. The XPs feel like they are built cheap when you sit in them or do any sort of maintenace. The front and rear control arms have a vulnerable design. A lot of the plastic is held on using wood screws instead of machine screws. After riding both machines, the maverick handles better and has predictive control while sliding corners. The XP dives in the corners. The rear mounted engine gets covered in mud and grass and then the weeds/grass start on fire once the mud dries. The way the engine is mounted to the transmission on the XP 900 is a poor design. Polaris has poor customer service and warranty. 6 months on the xp 900 as opposed to 24 months on the maverick.

#6 ·
nemadji has a variety of trail types. some wide, some hills, some narrow, some muddy, some technical sections with bridges and logs There is camping in the state forest but they dont have electrical or water hook up. We park in a sand pit and just use a generator. otherwise oak lake campground is just outside the forest and they have water and electrical hook ups but they have some strict rules with when and where you can operate ATVs around the campground

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.