Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well let's not forget the primary is technically a design flaw...don't matter how its installed. The stud may work but who knows. There's a reason the inner and outer sheaves are locked on all aftermarket primary setups and the warranty was extended by BRP for the factory equipment.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
I just wanted to comment on the primary clutch "slipping" comments. I am one of the fortunate ones who didn't have any problems with my stock primary but I still upgraded to a QSC/STM setup anyways. I marked my primary to monitor if I could see it slipping. And when I went to pull it off to replace it, the marks were still lined up. Also, I had to whack the outer sheave pretty good to get it to pop off. So I can honestly say that mine never slipped. HOWEVER, I did slightly burn a belt just pulling it on the trailer……so I think a lot of people are confusing belt slippage with the clutch slipping. The belt slipping has to do with insufficient clamping force by the clutch and not the sheave spinning (in my case anyways). Again, I know that some peoples are slipping but not all of them and I would venture to guess most of them do not. For the life of me i don't understand why they built it this way either. Simply putting some cogs or serrations on the mating surfaces would eliminate any possible chance of slippage…...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am new to the forum and had to give my two cents on aftermarket clutches. I have seen alot positive feedback on Kris from CBP, its all true. I have not had any issues on my Mav yet, but with all the speculation on the probability of having a clutch issue I thought it best to pony up and do the right thing. I bought a full STM Rage 3 setup directly from STM. I bought it from STM because I had a dealer credit, otherwise I would have gone through Kris The point is that even though I didnt buy through Kris, he still talked me through the set up and assured me that he would help out whenever I need it. Kris is a cool cat and I would recommend anyone thinking of a new clutch to go with Kris @ CBP.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and for some real world feedback on your experience….

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
One flaw on a canam. Clutch. Popo 1000 flaws = Belts blowing. Front diff noise. Bending shocks glove box. Chain breaking in trans. Cheap china seat adjusters fouling plugs fuel pump noise. Lmao . Popos suck !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
410 Posts
One flaw on a canam. Clutch. Popo 1000 flaws = Belts blowing. Front diff noise. Bending shocks glove box. Chain breaking in trans. Cheap china seat adjusters fouling plugs fuel pump noise. Lmao . Popos suck !!!!!

Think you forgot a few on our beloved mav Mr. Cheerleader....... Tie rods are bendy straws, cab is a toaster, no stock power steering on 13, seats rattle and come unlatched.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Every make and model has issues!! Had a rzr and my fair share of problems so I thought I would try can-am side and see what it's like.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Think you forgot a few on our beloved mav Mr. Cheerleader....... Tie rods are bendy straws, cab is a toaster, no stock power steering on 13, seats rattle and come unlatched.
Those Arnt manufacturer problems lol if you hit something yes a tierod will bend Better then ripping a aarm off the frame like a popo

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks " Brayla" I was trying to be nice. But the point I was trying to make was this back and forth with the Can am and Polaris guys is meaningless, kind of like the Ford and Chevy guys. You buy what you feel in the best for you and that should be it, these are toys and will have problems. The Mfg's are not held to quality standards like the car company's, and should not be. People buy these things and go out and beat them like there unbreakable and complain when something breaks, they do have limits. If there is a design issue then the Mfg should step up and I think Can am has done a good job on that.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Those Arnt manufacturer problems lol if you hit something yes a tierod will bend Better then ripping a aarm off the frame like a popo

I believe the Maverick is a superior machine which is why I own one, but it is not perfect. If your going to compare the two you can't just leave a bunch of shit out.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
All my buddy's have popo s and I'm there mechanic between the three. I've rebuilt two Rzr motors. Because of smoking two front diffs one trans. Two primary clutches atleast 4 belts 5 axles three fuel pumps one stator Four front hubs. And all bushings and bearings and ball joints. 4 times. All in 4000 miles And my commander I've only had to replace all ball joints and bearings once. And a high low light switch in 4200 miles.

·
Registered
410 Posts
All my buddy's have popo s and I'm there mechanic between the three. I've rebuilt two Rzr motors. Because of smoking two front diffs one trans. Two primary clutches atleast 4 belts 5 axles three fuel pumps one stator Four front hubs. And all bushings and bearings and ball joints. 4 times. All in 4000 miles And my commander I've only had to replace all ball joints and bearings once. And a high low light switch in 4200 miles.

The rzr has had years to accumulate problems. Put your pom-poms down, The first page of this thread is a rzr towing a maverick! Good luck talking your way out of that to the rzr guys.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
that xp1 is a pyle ! :)

or I guess thats just a poolaris

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This thread is about another clutch issue on the Maverick, so lets not turn it into another comparison thread between the Mav & Popo's. we all already believe the Mav is better, that's why we own it. So can we get back on the OG subject.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Right. I could give a shit about what brand is what or what's wrong with this or that machine.

But, but, that ones shocks bend in half... Come on.

To add to this post - my clutch seems to be doing great! All is good! Still looking at the full STM setup. Why? Well, because I have "the disease".

61 - 80 of 82 Posts