Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a primary and secondary go on mine in 12 hours of use. My former dealer was a price of shit and it sat there for months. Sick and tired of it and wanting to not worry about whether it was dealer fault or not I had KRIS at cold blooded hook me up with an STM rage 3 setup and couldn't be happier. Wish I would've done it even if it hadn't failed. I can damn near pull the 30" fronts of the ground with my big ass in it in sport low. If you have the money DO IT. If not I wish u the best of luck and happy trails man! Hope you can get it solid.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
255 Posts
So here's the question. Is it just a handful of machines that are having the issue? Or is it every single one?

It seems to me that some machines are OK while others aren't??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
410 Posts
So here's the question. Is it just a handful of machines that are having the issue? Or is it every single one?

It seems to me that some machines are OK while others aren't??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
And there lies the mystery. Mines fine so far at 11hrs. But It's top of mind everytime I throttle it and I hate it! The most recent recall has put me a little more at ease.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is this problem resolved on the 2014 models?? about to pull trigger on xxc and would hate to dump money in it for clutches right away. Shouldn't spend the money they want for these and worry about being stranded on a new machine due to bad QC. 4000 hard miles on my Teryx that cost me half the money and never left me stranded, just saying. hope they got this straight Cuz I really think otherwise this is a bad ass machine and I really want one.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have said it many times, any time you have to go to a dealer for warranty work on your clutch, go home loosen the primary and secondary and retorque with the proper method and with proper tools and you probably will not have issues.

That sounds like really good advice, but unfortunately not all us are mechanically inclined as you are to do so. Sorry but Im a driver not a mechanic, and I guess that's my loss, but guys like us have to rely and have faith on what the dealership does for us, and as much as we pay for these things, we shouldn't have to second guess them or worry if they did it right. . . .but that's if we lived in a perfect world
Could you please tell me who you race for?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Could you please tell me who you race for?
ok, here is a perfect example, all I said is, Im a driver not a mechanic, meaning I just drive em, not work on em. Why do you come back with a condasending, can you tell me who you race for ?? what was so horrable about what I said ??? how did I imply I drive or race for somebody ??

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am not being condasending….I assumed you were a racer since your username is "duneraser". If you don't race for anyone. You could simply say, "I don't race for anyone". I assumed since you said you were a driver and you don't wrench on your own equipment that you were a racer.

·
Registered
684 Posts
He doesn't race for anyone, and is too lazy to get to know his own machine.
There is nothing about these that anyone can not take care of themselves. The stealership is not going to treat your machine like it is their own.
Don't be afraid to wrench on your own toys. Some people say they shouldn't pay this much for a machine to have to work on it themselves...
I can't see spending this much on one and not taking care of it for myself.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
ok, here is a perfect example, all I said is, Im a driver not a mechanic, meaning I just drive em, not work on em. Why do you come back with a condasending, can you tell me who you race for ?? what was so horrable about what I said ??? how did I imply I drive or race for somebody ??
LOL. feeling a little defensive are we???

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I had a primary and secondary go on mine in 12 hours of use. My former dealer was a price of shit and it sat there for months. Sick and tired of it and wanting to not worry about whether it was dealer fault or not I had KRIS at cold blooded hook me up with an STM rage 3 setup and couldn't be happier. Wish I would've done it even if it hadn't failed. I can damn near pull the 30" fronts of the ground with my big ass in it in sport low. If you have the money DO IT. If not I wish u the best of luck and happy trails man! Hope you can get it solid.

How many miles do you have on your new clutch setup?

·
Registered
244 Posts
This is the exact reason I don't take crap to the dealer. And if I have to. I double check their work.

Stiff

Tapatalk using iPad.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you have STOCK clutch components, you should NOT be loosening and re-torquing your SECONDARY bolt without replacing it with a new one. This is a torque-to-yield bolt. Aftermarket clutches are a different story.

I think people may get the wrong impression by reading this thread.
This is bs. Just a way for dealers to get more money. Re-use your bolts. Lol

Tapatalk using iPad.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is this problem resolved on the 2014 models?? about to pull trigger on xxc and would hate to dump money in it for clutches right away. Shouldn't spend the money they want for these and worry about being stranded on a new machine due to bad QC. 4000 hard miles on my Teryx that cost me half the money and never left me stranded, just saying. hope they got this straight Cuz I really think otherwise this is a bad ass machine and I really want one.
Kinda wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The secondary bolt is NOT RECALLED
Correct…but the starter is and if you have to replace it, you have to pull the clutches and CVT back cover off to do so. The recall kit does include a new secondary bolt as part of the overall recall kit.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Kinda wondering the same thing.
The design of the secondary and the bolt have not changed. So the potential is still there. If the installation procedure is followed correctly, you will not have any problems.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ya agree, problem is the install may not have been correct.. I to have little trust in most dealers, usually some kids working, or anyone they could find, ask the mechanic a few should know questions, if they don't tell you how it is done correctly, your in the wrong place. install issue is likely

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well let's not forget the primary is technically a design flaw...don't matter how its installed. The stud may work but who knows. There's a reason the inner and outer sheaves are locked on all aftermarket primary setups and the warranty was extended by BRP for the factory equipment.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts