Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the oil part numbers for the Maverick in Amsoil? I want to make sure I don't spend $140 for my oil change ever again. I just need to know what oil to run in the engine, the transmission, and the front and rear diffs. Anyone know the numbers?

Thanks all.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I don't know the numbers, just the weights.
0-40 in the engine
75-140 in the trans
75-90 in the diffs

I run all of those but I run 75-140 in the rear diff.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree the Amsoil products are high quality.Just more difficult to get than going to your local autoparts store for RP.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys. I got it figured out. About a $60 change instead...and potentially better protection? Seems like a no-brainer.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a wholesale account if anyone needs some. I should be able to ship it anywhere.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thank you guys. I got it figured out. About a $60 change instead...and potentially better protection? Seems like a no-brainer.
I think Amsoil is good stuff, I used to run it in my truck, car, bikes, boat and Rhino. Then I switched to Royal Purple which is ready available at pretty much any auto parts store and is considerably cheaper. I think Royal Purple is as fine of oil as you can buy. It rates with Lucas, Amsoil, Mobile One, Red Line and any of the top Synthetics. The gear/diff oil is excellent. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about any of these oils. In my opinion I believe you can't go wrong with any of these oils I mentioned above.

The only reason I switched was because Royal Purple is easy to get and is not as expensive.

One more thing I should mention. A good friend of mine works as the Head Mechanic at a Ferrari, Maybach, Lambo dealership here in So Cal. They exclusively use Mobil One and nothing else. This guy knows more about High Performance engines then anyone I know and he swears by Mobil One. All I am saying is I truly believe all of these top oils are as good as the next.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yup Im an Amsoil Dealer as well. I run it in everything. I bought the MR RPM oil filter adapter with no ports and i am going to use this with Amsoil oil filter EA15K09. I will change at 10 hour service. I just hope it fits. The passenger gas tank plastic cover is close to the oil filter cap.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yup Im an Amsoil Dealer as well. I run it in everything. I bought the MR RPM oil filter adapter with no ports and i am going to use this with Amsoil oil filter EA15K09. I will change at 10 hour service. I just hope it fits. The passenger gas tank plastic cover is close to the oil filter cap.

EA15K09 is the correct filter from Amsoil. It will fit:)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much less we talking about Royal Purple? And where can it be bought? AND of course what are the oils to use? I've heard nothing but good things about it as well, no experience with it. Do they make 2 cycle sled oil too?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts