Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , first of all i would like to say im not a electrical wiz like others and dont feel bad for asking for help if it saves me from burning my amp up or my maverick ...so if u have any smarta$$ remarks keep them to yourself.

Ok i bought a pyle amp to run my mp3 player on my maverick , so i wont be running a radio reciever at all. I know when u install a amp in a vehicle the remote wire is hooked up to your radio and then to the amp. My question is.... Im wanting a toggle switch so i can power it on and off when needed. As u know i have the power , ground , and remote wire from the amp. How is the proper way to add a toggle switch?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had a small Pyle Marine Amp, and I'm glad I hooked it all up externally and tested it out prior to mounting it as it didn't meet my expectations...

As for the remote Wire I tapped into the rear Light that comes on when the key is on... :) No switch..

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd like to know as well that's how I plan too install mine

·
Registered
38 Posts
Run wire from a keyed wire such as the cigarette lighter plug, or anything else that comes on with the key, to the switch and then from switch the the remote of the amp. If you want it to where you can run it with the key off just run your wire from the battery to the switch.

·
Registered
371 Posts
On my rzr I mounted the switch in the roof right by the amp. Soldered 2 inches of small wire to the end of the main power wire for the amp. Hooked the wire to the switch and 2 inches of wire to the remote on terminal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That will make u need the key turned for the radio to work will it not ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
i used a pyle amp with a toggle, i like it because you do not have to have the key to turn it on. just toggle the blue wire or the remote.

·
Registered
107 Posts
When the key is on the hours are counting, not that it's a big deal but that's how my renegade used to be and on the commanders ( not sure if mavs are the same) after awhile the bike like times out and have to go shit key off and turn back on to turn radio back on which is a pain in the ass I think

1 - 10 of 10 Posts